mystery app in my apps has no uninstall option - please help

polaris13

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed an app in the play store section ?my apps? that I never installed. The developer is twostars and the title of the app is written in Korean. The app does not have the option to uninstall from the play store. When I search the ?apps? section in settings this app does not show up. I installed a 3rd party uninstall app and here too the app does not appear. I haven?t tried running lookout or other similar antivirus app yet.

All my downloads have been through the android market/play store and from Amazon app store. I?m concerned that this mystery app might be some sort of malware or Trojan since I never did download and install it. How do I get rid of this app short of doing an entire factory reset? Anyone hear of this developer before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My TF101 is running the latest version of ICS and is up to date with all updates.
:'(

polaris13

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean link to the app newboyx?

I found some other info on this issue in another transformer forum and in the XDA forum. Seems to be linked somehow to the polaris app on the TF line. Seems to be a somewhat widespread issue that some are saying is a bug from google in handing out duplicate app IDs. Users have reported that when you touch the "open" button on the app the polaris office app opens.

Suggested fixes have been rebooting, rolling back to the android market from google play and clearing out the cache for the play store. Will try these to see if it fixes the problem.

I reported the issue to android's security team. Got a canned response that they were looking into the issue. Hope theres a fix in the near future. Very concerning when you see apps in your list that you did not download and cannot uninstall.:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay