Tablet won't charge

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Did that work? I am now seeing the same thing. Not sure what the deal is. It was at 50% last night and zero this morning... boot loop probably. I charged it and it made it to 50% again then stopped charging. Not sure what happened. The charging block was pretty hot. But tonight it still doesn't work. Any one else having issue with charging? Would a hard reset do anything? Just curious. Thanks.

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. After borrowing my co-workers charger and cable from his TF101 I found out that it was my cable that shorted out. Any recommendations on where to buy a cable for the TF101?

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Office depot has the Asus made ones, but its hard to catch them in stock. Now there are some good aftermarket ones on Amazon. I got one, can't remember what company right now, from China that's working great. It took like a month to get here tho. I had to borrow my mother-in-law's iPad, bleh! Anyway while I was waiting, I broke down & bought the office depot one. You have to be careful with the OG charger. It overheats, which is probably what caused ur short.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Check the accesories forum - i go into it in great detail there - but the bottom line is overnight charging or really any long term charging will eventually kill your stock charger - it is a POS

To this day after my issue just days after buying my first TF - I use the charger I explain in tthe accessories forum plugged in by my bed and just use the stock wall charger for travel and short charges rarely as needed. I have had no issues since then

http://forums.androidcentral.com/eeepad-transformer-accessories/88759-confirmed-functioning-third-party-charger-tf.html

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20