Build: IML74K.US_epad-9.2.1.24-20120503
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4 android@Mercury #1
    New from what I noticed so far:
    Face unlock feature
    Smaller google icon on home screen
    System bar lock

And so far my love wallpapers haven't flickered...so
    far

If anyone notices anything different please post! :-)
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Firmware Update 5/16/2012

I got it here, too.
    Thanks for the alert
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

man - I hope this fixes the freaking freeze up and random reboot - I am going nuts and am tired of a dead battery every other day

I have had it installed for a few hours now and all looks good so far. Fingers crossed!

Installing now, pleaseeeee fix rr and sod

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Screen tear seems to be fixed

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 Beta 2

It seems silly but I am way too excited about this. I've turned off wake lock and hoping for the best now. I'll hold my verdict for a day or two as to how well they fixed the issues.
    Either way though, its nice they added the facial recognition.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

someone please dump the rom blob file

same here, im tired of all the random reboots! received the update and so far so good =) let's see what happens in the next couple of days

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I installed it yesterday evening and have not had any issues

I'm installing it now. Really hope as everyone else it corrects the rb's and freezes. Wake lock is great but it sucks battery bad.

Did not notice this was for the OG Transformer, I thought it was for the Prime when I first read it.
    And boy does my Prime need an update to fix a list of problems.
    Last edited by Xroid; 05-16-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: wrong device
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

This is only for the original transformer, no?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just finished the dl! Everything seems fine on this end.

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I installed this late last night on two transformers and had a random reboot on one of them within the first 12 hours.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Downloaded the update a little while ago and turned wake lock off, hoping this fixes the freezes and reboots.

Confirming Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper works on new update. Root restored after update.

Quote Originally Posted by zerospace-net View Post
    Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I installed this late last night on two transformers and had a random reboot on one of them within the first 12 hours.
    Did you do a cold boot after applying the update?

Quote Originally Posted by slyyyy View Post
    Did you do a cold boot after applying the update?
    Yes, I did -- on both transformers (actually, i've done a cold boot after each of the ICS updates, but nothing has solved my problems). Tried a factory wipe on one, and that solved nothing either. I've been an active participant in the ongoing thread involving an Asus rep on XDA as well, so I was well aware of the request to cold boot after applying this update.

Quote Originally Posted by zerospace-net View Post
    Yes, I did -- on both transformers (actually, i've done a cold boot after each of the ICS updates, but nothing has solved my problems). Tried a factory wipe on one, and that solved nothing either. I've been an active participant in the ongoing thread involving an Asus rep on XDA as well, so I was well aware of the request to cold boot after applying this update.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo.... Thanks for the heads up.

I have yet to receive the update
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mknollman123 View Post
    man - I hope this fixes the freaking freeze up and random reboot - I am going nuts and am tired of a dead battery every other day
    I would like to tell you a long story about my tail of woos on the lag issues that I was having on my new Asus TF300T.

But I will keep it short this time, mainly because it's late right now.

I didn't believe it but it turns out that doing a simple, total, 'factory reset' (using that option in the settings area. totally fixed my lagging machine that I almost returned for a replacement.

I had at first, just cleared up the two main system caches without any luck.

But everyone was saying to try the 'factory reset' option. And it worked as they said it would.

So if you haven't not tried that, before you do any system updates, please try the factory reset option.

Yes, you will loose everything and have to start your setup from scratch but in my case, it did work and was worth it.

I did use the built-in or supplied 'App Backup' program and just used the option to backup the data as well. So when I reinstalled the app, all my settings were there, which made it a lot easier to get back to working again.

Again, I did not read your complaint thoroughly, so I'm not sure if you've already tried the factory reset yet. If you have not, please try it.

Hope this does solve your issue if you tried to attempt it.

Rob
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)

A factory reset will not fix the random reboot/sleep of death issue for everyone -- however, some folks do say it helped them. This solution flew around XDA for awhile until finally people realized that it isn't a cure-all for everyone. Some folks have noted that the problem re-asserts itself after awhile and a lot of the folks who reported success with a factory reset eventually came back and said that several days to a week or more later, the problem reappeared .

I truly wish a site with some clout like Android Central would write something about the fiasco that the RR/SoD issue (among other ugly bugs) has become on the TF101, but alas, it seems that this device has been long forgotten in favor of the Prime (201) and the TF300. I bought my TF101 on day 1, and up until ICS dropped, it was my rock-solid daily driver. After 2+ months on the ICS fiasco, I went out and snagged a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to pick up the slack where my TF101 has been failing. I now switch between the two to get everything I need done. Asus seems only to be attempting to "fix" the issue superficially -- and after 3 supposed "fixes", my two transformers both still suffer from problems that leave them usable, but utterly gimped.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 TF101s that have SBKv1 (the leaked secure boot key), thus they are nvflashable. I'm looking at going to a custom rom at this point, having given up all hope that Asus even cares enough to fix the mess they created 3 months ago. They and nvidia seem to have buried their heads in the sand and even claim they cannot reproduce the problems that tons of people have described. I really should send them screenshots of the mess my screen becomes when simply trying to play a playlist in Google Music, or when Gmail decides to totally crash. Or perhaps I should send video of Angry Birds Space freezing and crashing (and taking the entire launcher with it).

I've got it.
    I hope that ends up torture !

ROM
    Stock

Got the update last night. Immediately got the 'media process not working' message. No other problems . . . yet.
    (T-Mobile) LG G2
    Nexus 7 (2012) & Asus TF-101
    Chromecast & Logitech Revue
    http://www.nathanonline.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast