Sluggish Tablet

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I searched the Android Forums for my topic but I couldn't find anything related. I trust the Android Central online community so that's why I am posting this thread. A while back I received the OTA update for ICS for my Eeepad Transformer and since then it seems that the performance has been horribly sluggish. Everything from selecting applications and switching applications seems to be affected. The battery life is fine (unlike my Sprint Epic Touch 4G) so I'm mainly concerned about the performance. Perhaps there is a rooted ICS version that I can try? Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation?

Thanks!

Scott

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine was acting very sluggish for a while too. I deleted all of the Zynga and Zynga-like apps (Scramble, Words, Hanging with friends, Drawing) and it made for a huge improvement. Don't forget to restart afterward.

Hope this helps!

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, same here. (In UK). Any ideas welcome. Has anybody definitely dealt with this with a factory reset? Tia

I can't say that I have dealt with this issue directly with a factory reset. I bought my TF101 after the ICS update came out so when I turned it on for the first time, some updates were applied for the tablet and the keyboard. Having done plenty of research beforehand, I decided to perform 2 factory resets after all of the updates were applied. What I can tell you is that my tablet has run really well for me.

It does still hang occasionally (after running some intense games for awhile), but overall I would definitely not consider the tablet sluggish. I know that doing a factory reset is a pain, but I think it's worth a shot with these kinds of issues. And just to be safe, do two factory resets in a row.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't say that I have dealt with this issue directly with a factory reset. I bought my TF101 after the ICS update came out so when I turned it on for the first time, some updates were applied for the tablet and the keyboard. Having done plenty of research beforehand, I decided to perform 2 factory resets after all of the updates were applied. What I can tell you is that my tablet has run really well for me.

It does still hang occasionally (after running some intense games for awhile), but overall I would definitely not consider the tablet sluggish. I know that doing a factory reset is a pain, but I think it's worth a shot with these kinds of issues. And just to be safe, do two factory resets in a row.

I haven't had any issues with mine but my wife uses it more than I do as I also bought the tf201.

I think the factory reset is the best option too. Many people that have issues like this find that a reset does wonders.

Good. Luck.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine still seems to be pretty snappy. One thing that is quite annoying is that netflix is painfully slow loading.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies to date. Think I'LLC give it a reprogramming it'll never forget, and go for a factory reset.
Jon

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
soooo..the suggestion from everyone who posted on this thread is to try a factory reset first? Then flash a rom?

Yep. Definitely try the factory reset first. If you still aren't happy with the performance try flashing a ROM.

And let us know how it goes. I'm curious to know if your performance issues are fixed with a factory reset.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to reset my wife's this weekend and see what happens. Will let you know.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset helped a bit!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I did my wife's today and did make a pretty big difference in the the smoothness of the screen transitions. Will know more as I play with it.

druiddb2

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
hi, do you use any launchers aside from stock (e.g. Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher). I had similar sluggishness from these launchers, especially when switching from app drawer to home screen, from rotating to vertical to horizontal mode and when exiting an app back to home screen. I suppose this is the redraw and the launcher 'keep in memory' function that's eating precious RAM.

One way to check what is causing this is to go to Settings>Apps then hit the tab 'Running' to see which Apps consume a lot of RAM, you can try to terminate it first and see if the sluggishness is improved. For me, I noticed launchers use up 30-50MB when activated.

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
i reset my tablet last night and things work GREAT. It's like a brand new tablet. This was a great suggestion, I appreciate your help! :)

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
i reset my tablet last night and things work GREAT. It's like a brand new tablet. This was a great suggestion, I appreciate your help! :)

Glad it worked for you and thanks for letting us know how it went. Gotta love that new tablet feeling. :)