Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    The tablet only powers on if it is plugged in, however once the screen lights up I can unplug it and it still functions. I have tried cold booting with no avail, perhaps a factory reset? Any other ideas...?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    Quote Originally Posted by mled203 View Post
    The tablet only powers on if it is plugged in, however once the screen lights up I can unplug it and it still functions. I have tried cold booting with no avail, perhaps a factory reset? Any other ideas...?
    Wait what?
    It works unplugged if you turn it on while it is plugged in??

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    The power button only powers on the device if it is plugged in.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    Quote Originally Posted by mled203 View Post
    The power button only powers on the device if it is plugged in.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Oh. I'm not sure then...

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    Prepare yourself for a dumb question: Did you get it wet? I just read a post where someone got his phone wet and now it will only turn on if it's plugged in.

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    No I did not. I contacted Asus support and they are helping me but I'll have to send it in most likely. That's what I get from buying best buy refurb.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    Quote Originally Posted by mled203 View Post
    No I did not. I contacted Asus support and they are helping me but I'll have to send it in most likely. That's what I get from buying best buy refurb.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Ouch.

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  8. #8  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    Did you ever resolve? Mine does the same, or if I connect the keyboard dock.
    Last edited by Philip Shook; 02-17-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Duplicate
  9. #9  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    Did you ever resolve? Mine does the same, or if I connect the keyboard dock, then the power ON button will respond properly.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: ASUS TF101 Does not turn on unless plugged in...

    I never resolved. I ended up selling it on ebay some time ago.

Similar Threads

  1. Does not turn on - HELP!
    By PAiME68 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  2. Why does tablet/phone screen turn on when plugged in?
    By michaeljc70 in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 04:26 AM
  4. My backlight scrren does not turn on.
    By chaosmasterro in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 11:27 PM
  5. 4G does not turn on
    By temps2020 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

B