Hard brick on Transformer TF300T ??

transformist1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Dear transformers,

My Transformer TF300T is a brick !! :(

I've got TF300T, with stock JB 4.1.1.

I'm not sure if it permanent, please help !!

I've unlocked my device via the official Asus unlock device tool.

It went well.

After few days, I've downloaded few programs from the "Google Play".

One of the programs, allowed to automatically enter recovery after reboot.

I opened the program (of course I don't remember it name), click on "enter recovery after reboot", and then the problem started !

Please see attached screenshot.

The device is stuck on the Asus logo, without any progress.

When I'm trying to enter the recovery menu, with "Power + Volume Down", the device turning of for 3 seconds, and getting back to the exact same position.

I cannot choose "RCK", no Android, no USB option, nothing !! :(

What you see in the screenshot, is the permanent condition...

When the Transformer worked, my computer recognize it, but now when it stuck on the Asus logo, it seems that the computer even doesn't see the device !! (although the driver is installed...)

How bad is it ??

It is a hard brick ??

Can I do anything without RMA it to Asus ??

The only this I got for now, is APX mode...

I'm pretty sure that Asus won't support the device, because I've unlocked it :(

Please help !!

Thanks a lot !

Transformist.

Attachments

• TF300T3.jpg
    TF300T3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Check the TF300 forums. This is the for the 101, not the 300 (Unless I'm chocolate wasted and incorrect...)

Anyway, go there. Someone may be able to help you. I personally cannot, as I haven't unlocked yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

transformist1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

After 4 weeks of trying to recovery my device, I officially announcing on hard brick, the device is dead.

Let's see what ASUS can give me...

Thanks,

Transformist1.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

After 4 weeks of trying to recovery my device, I officially announcing on hard brick, the device is dead.

Let's see what ASUS can give me...

Thanks,

Transformist1.

Hard brick: When you need a JTAG to even get the device to turn on. Hard brick is when you can't power on the device, charge it, or anything, It's just chips and cool looking hardware.

Soft brick: able to turn on, but not able to access the OS, bootloops, or the occasional SOD's (Screen Of Death, although I guess it wouldn't be counted as a soft brick...)

Long story short, there may be help for you on XDA, I was reading a few weeks ago about being able to unbrick the device. Look around, see what you can find if you can't get it fixed because ASUS rejects it or something.

I read the TOS for the official bootloader unlocking app for the TF300T, and they literally have the right to reject your device, just because you unlocked it. It's a cruel game ASUS plays, but alas, they made a great tablet in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

LOHucks

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
@Transformist1.....I unlocked my TF300T, with the purpose of rooting it, the day after I received it. So, I unlocked it (w/ASUS Unlock Tool). Rooted it (w/TWRP build). And upgraded my JB OS. My experience with the screen you have, or had (which I have had), may be because you did something out of order, or omitted doing something all together. If you still have the problematic tablet, and the issue has been resolved, let us know (how or outcome). If not....download the ADK/SDK packs, with the TF300T USB drivers, and install all. Download the updates for ADK/SDK for all Android OS's from versions 3.xx to 4.2xx. Maybe/hopefully, after installing all of the abled updates (on your PC...long time/large files), plugging your "stuck" tablet into the USB may be picked up by the PC, which may allow you to eventually get into FastBoot mode. I'm not a Power User, which means I have had a plethora of problems trying stuff on my own. So far, no real "bricks"--- knock on my head. If you can FastBoot it, you should be able to start all over with the Rooting, SU Install, JB 4.2xxx reinstall, etc..... You may have to do a Device Wipe also- I use TWRP from Teamw.in. I hope this helps you, or others, looking for a resolution.

vpreda2003

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
A few days ago I tried to root my Asus TF300T because before that, I changed the lcd and the touchscreen from FPC-1 to G01 version. So I had to root and update touchscreen's firmware to 02-3011-4820.ekt. I already updated with last firmware from asus.com. First, I installed a TRWP recovery but was useless since the touchscreen doesn't worked. So I tried to rewrite CWM recovery. I reset it and I don't remember exactly if I begun to install or not CWM but when I tried to wipe data (Vol- + Power), the tablet has freezed. After a few minutes I did a hardware reset (pin hole). Since that, the tablet freeze with "Device Unlocked", Asus logo and nVidia. The device was already unlocked. I don't have any backup from it. No fastboot, no adb. Just APX mode. Is it possible to do something with it anymore? I tried BootTools2, extracted bloobs from last version of firmware, tryed to flash them with nvflash and wheelie but vainly. What is the next step? I'm a beginner!
Remember please I cannot go in fastboot recovery menu, only apx. Thank you in advance!

rasih5503

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
stuck screen PROblem Solved -simple work...

step 1
download the correct firmware from Asus website
unzip main file then you will see another zip file unzip that one as well( I have seen in many threads many guys made wrong as saying only one zip) actually two unzip
you will see the blob file inside second
take that out separately

step 2
download adb-fastboot-win.zip. file from ADB & Fastboot: Install ADB Drivers, Setup ADB & Fastboot
unzip the file
rename that file as fastboot
and copy in c drive

step3
switch off asus tab
by clicking volume down button press power button
you will see three icon
connect to your pc

step4
from the step one you take the blob file and copy that in to fastboot folder

step5
on your computer in the search bar(click start then under the all programme)
type cmd enter
you will see command screen
type cd c:\Fastboot
then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
then wait until system is flashed (wait until the command comes to say finished on pc
then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

that's it, job done ...!!! enjoy

Mc ProDev

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
stuck screen PROblem Solved -simple work...

step 1
download the correct firmware from Asus website
unzip main file then you will see another zip file unzip that one as well( I have seen in many threads many guys made wrong as saying only one zip) actually two unzip
you will see the blob file inside second
take that out separately

step 2
download adb-fastboot-win.zip. file from ADB & Fastboot: Install ADB Drivers, Setup ADB & Fastboot
unzip the file
rename that file as fastboot
and copy in c drive

step3
switch off asus tab
by clicking volume down button press power button
you will see three icon
connect to your pc

step4
from the step one you take the blob file and copy that in to fastboot folder

step5
on your computer in the search bar(click start then under the all programme)
type cmd enter
you will see command screen
type cd c:\Fastboot
then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
then wait until system is flashed (wait until the command comes to say finished on pc
then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

that's it, job done ...!!! enjoy

can give me remote assistence please?

some problem brick !!

Markus Kober

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've got exactly the same problem like in the first post. After switching on the device, I only get to the "ASUS"-Screen. After that nothing happens. I can't enter recovery or bootloader. I have no fastboot or adb access. Is my transformer finally bricked or is there something i can do.

percman4

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem as Markus and Transformist. It seems the solution listed by rasih5503 assumes that the tablet can be seen at all via USB on a PC. In the Step 3 - there is no "3 icon" on mine, just the Asus screen. Holding down up or down volume buttons plus on/off always yields the same result - the screen turns off for about 2 seconds and simply goes right back to the logo screen. I have searched multiple posts both in this and XDA but have yet to find a definitive answer. It seems if ANYTHING can get the TF300 to recognize on Windows via USB then at least something can get done but so far everything I've tried doesn't work. It is mentioned that a hard brick only infers that the device can't even turn on, but unless it can be seen by USB how on earth is this status not considered a hard brick even if it DOES turn on?

koky_p

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem...

Searching and searching and nothing...

I can only put it into APX mode and it is detected by windows 7 but I cant install any drivers... Windows detect it as an "unknown device"

Any news from your side?

percman4

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Nothing. The only new thing I was able to do was open the entire tablet up and find out that instead of having the Asus screen stay on permanently, a combination of the power button and holding the reset will at least turn it off. But nothing will recognize on the computer yet - not even an "unknown device". Pretty much ready to throw it away at this point.

VictorP56

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, I've got the same issue and been checking multiple sites for possible answers. Seems rebooting while holding the up vol puts the TF300T into APX mode. That's the only thing I've been able to get mine to do as well. In other forums they're saying that if you get to this point and haven't done a backup of your machine's info you're just SOL. :( Unfortunately, I believe we are at that point. :'(

Lenin Blanco

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello vpreda2003, I wonder if you could get the solution to your table, because I have the same problem as you, can enter only apx way, you would greatly appreciate if you help me

Last edited: