Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Downtown Taco
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hard brick on Transformer TF300T ??

Dear transformers,

My Transformer TF300T is a brick !!

I've got TF300T, with stock JB 4.1.1.

I'm not sure if it permanent, please help !!

I've unlocked my device via the official Asus unlock device tool.

It went well.

After few days, I've downloaded few programs from the "Google Play".

One of the programs, allowed to automatically enter recovery after reboot.

I opened the program (of course I don't remember it name), click on "enter recovery after reboot", and then the problem started !

Please see attached screenshot.

The device is stuck on the Asus logo, without any progress.

When I'm trying to enter the recovery menu, with "Power + Volume Down", the device turning of for 3 seconds, and getting back to the exact same position.

I cannot choose "RCK", no Android, no USB option, nothing !!

What you see in the screenshot, is the permanent condition...

When the Transformer worked, my computer recognize it, but now when it stuck on the Asus logo, it seems that the computer even doesn't see the device !! (although the driver is installed...)

How bad is it ??

It is a hard brick ??

Can I do anything without RMA it to Asus ??

The only this I got for now, is APX mode...

I'm pretty sure that Asus won't support the device, because I've unlocked it

Please help !!

Thanks a lot !

Transformist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hard brick on Transformer TF300T ??-tf300t3.jpg  
    Last edited by transformist1; 01-04-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Default Re: Hard brick on Transformer TF300T ??

Check the TF300 forums. This is the for the 101, not the 300 (Unless I'm chocolate wasted and incorrect...)

Anyway, go there. Someone may be able to help you. I personally cannot, as I haven't unlocked yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    OperationA7X likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

After 4 weeks of trying to recovery my device, I officially announcing on hard brick, the device is dead.

Let's see what ASUS can give me...

Thanks,

Transformist1.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by transformist1 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

After 4 weeks of trying to recovery my device, I officially announcing on hard brick, the device is dead.

Let's see what ASUS can give me...

Thanks,

Transformist1.
    Hard brick: When you need a JTAG to even get the device to turn on. Hard brick is when you can't power on the device, charge it, or anything, It's just chips and cool looking hardware.

Soft brick: able to turn on, but not able to access the OS, bootloops, or the occasional SOD's (Screen Of Death, although I guess it wouldn't be counted as a soft brick...)

Long story short, there may be help for you on XDA, I was reading a few weeks ago about being able to unbrick the device. Look around, see what you can find if you can't get it fixed because ASUS rejects it or something.

I read the TOS for the official bootloader unlocking app for the TF300T, and they literally have the right to reject your device, just because you unlocked it. It's a cruel game ASUS plays, but alas, they made a great tablet in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Hi Transformit. Did you had any luck to unbrick your machine?

I am in same problem? Did you find any solution to fix that brick?

@Transformist1.....I unlocked my TF300T, with the purpose of rooting it, the day after I received it. So, I unlocked it (w/ASUS Unlock Tool). Rooted it (w/TWRP build). And upgraded my JB OS. My experience with the screen you have, or had (which I have had), may be because you did something out of order, or omitted doing something all together. If you still have the problematic tablet, and the issue has been resolved, let us know (how or outcome). If not....download the ADK/SDK packs, with the TF300T USB drivers, and install all. Download the updates for ADK/SDK for all Android OS's from versions 3.xx to 4.2xx. Maybe/hopefully, after installing all of the abled updates (on your PC...long time/large files), plugging your "stuck" tablet into the USB may be picked up by the PC, which may allow you to eventually get into FastBoot mode. I'm not a Power User, which means I have had a plethora of problems trying stuff on my own. So far, no real "bricks"--- knock on my head. If you can FastBoot it, you should be able to start all over with the Rooting, SU Install, JB 4.2xxx reinstall, etc..... You may have to do a Device Wipe also- I use TWRP from Teamw.in. I hope this helps you, or others, looking for a resolution.

Hello!
    A few days ago I tried to root my Asus TF300T because before that, I changed the lcd and the touchscreen from FPC-1 to G01 version. So I had to root and update touchscreen's firmware to 02-3011-4820.ekt. I already updated with last firmware from asus.com. First, I installed a TRWP recovery but was useless since the touchscreen doesn't worked. So I tried to rewrite CWM recovery. I reset it and I don't remember exactly if I begun to install or not CWM but when I tried to wipe data (Vol- + Power), the tablet has freezed. After a few minutes I did a hardware reset (pin hole). Since that, the tablet freeze with "Device Unlocked", Asus logo and nVidia. The device was already unlocked. I don't have any backup from it. No fastboot, no adb. Just APX mode. Is it possible to do something with it anymore? I tried BootTools2, extracted bloobs from last version of firmware, tryed to flash them with nvflash and wheelie but vainly. What is the next step? I'm a beginner!
    Remember please I cannot go in fastboot recovery menu, only apx. Thank you in advance!

Thumbs up Re: Hard brick on Transformer TF300T ??

stuck screen PROblem Solved -simple work...

step 1
    download the correct firmware from Asus website
    unzip main file then you will see another zip file unzip that one as well( I have seen in many threads many guys made wrong as saying only one zip) actually two unzip
    you will see the blob file inside second
    take that out separately

step 2
    download adb-fastboot-win.zip. file from ADB & Fastboot: Install ADB Drivers, Setup ADB & Fastboot
    unzip the file
    rename that file as fastboot
    and copy in c drive

step3
    switch off asus tab
    by clicking volume down button press power button
    you will see three icon
    connect to your pc

step4
    from the step one you take the blob file and copy that in to fastboot folder

step5
    on your computer in the search bar(click start then under the all programme)
    type cmd enter
    you will see command screen
    type cd c:\Fastboot
    then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
    then wait until system is flashed (wait until the command comes to say finished on pc
    then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

that's it, job done ...!!! enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by rasih5503 View Post
    stuck screen PROblem Solved -simple work...

step 1
    download the correct firmware from Asus website
    unzip main file then you will see another zip file unzip that one as well( I have seen in many threads many guys made wrong as saying only one zip) actually two unzip
    you will see the blob file inside second
    take that out separately

step 2
    download adb-fastboot-win.zip. file from ADB & Fastboot: Install ADB Drivers, Setup ADB & Fastboot
    unzip the file
    rename that file as fastboot
    and copy in c drive

step3
    switch off asus tab
    by clicking volume down button press power button
    you will see three icon
    connect to your pc

step4
    from the step one you take the blob file and copy that in to fastboot folder

step5
    on your computer in the search bar(click start then under the all programme)
    type cmd enter
    you will see command screen
    type cd c:\Fastboot
    then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
    then wait until system is flashed (wait until the command comes to say finished on pc
    then type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

that's it, job done ...!!! enjoy
    can give me remote assistence please?

some problem brick !!