Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Show screen on computer?

Is there a way that I can share my Asus ePad transformer TF101s screen to my computer screen with an HDMI cord?

Default Re: Show screen on computer?

I assume you want it as a separate window on your screen desktop? As far as I know, that isn't possible. There are HDMI splitters, but I don't think there's a way to merge two HDMI signals. A quick Google search didn't come up with any solution for integrating an HDMI input into a computer (which is not a common feature) into the screen's desktop.

So here's a possible solution, but it requires your device to be rooted. It doesn't sound simple or straightforward, though:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...r-android.html
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was looking for something to allow me to see the screen on a desktop monitor
    The device is rooted

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AC Forums mobile app

Right, but are you saying that you simply want the tablet screen to appear on the monitor, and nothing else? That is, without anything else from another computer? The solution I linked above was assuming you wanted the tablet's screen to appear on your computer desktop as a separate window.

If you just want your tablet screen to show up on a monitor, then you could either find a monitor that has an HDMI input, or get a microHDMI to VGA/DVI adapter, like this one: Accell 7.5" microHDMI Type D Male to DVI Adapter: Computers : Walmart.com