ASUS tablets

bbasiaga

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
This is on my 'highly interesting' list. If preliminary reports on pricing come true, this could be really cool. I hope that someone coudl root it as well b/c it seems to come with some proprietary UI that may or may not be worth it. I was really hoping for some more info out of the trade show this week...but it looks like that isn't happening.

-Brian

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope the display is crisp and vibrant as the iPad 2, or at least close to it. I'm not very impressed with the XOOM's display quality. It looks a little washed out to me.

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I just cleared my xoom back to factory. I'm going to take it back to staples today (14 day return policy).

I love the Xoom but I can't argue with this Asus tablet. I have no reason to believe it'll be the 400 dollars that the best buy ad suggested. I'd love it to be but honestly, how could it be? I'm tried of getting my hopes up like the Sams Club $532 price.

I will say that as of this point tablets from Android are a toy. I'm no fan of apple but my friend who recently bought a Ipad 1 really made me question my decision to get a xoom for several hundred more.

I hope that we get a good bit more content for Honeycomb devices.

I also hope this transformer is released soon!

Rhyyker

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I too am strongly considering returning my Xoom. I read somewhere that this has two USB ports, does this mean that I can connect a external hdd or flash drive and it can read it? This would be a tremendous advantage over the xoom. From what I can tell, the only place where the Xoom might be superior is the screen, am i right?

brochiller

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I too am strongly considering returning my Xoom. I read somewhere that this has two USB ports, does this mean that I can connect a external hdd or flash drive and it can read it? This would be a tremendous advantage over the xoom. From what I can tell, the only place where the Xoom might be superior is the screen, am i right?

I don't know where you got the info that the Xoom should have the screen advantage, but from what I can tell the Transformer's screen will be far superior. It's an LED backlit IPS screen, whereas the Xoom is neither. The Transformer should win hands down in this category.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
This tablet (and the keyboard dock) has my highly interested, I was originally waiting for a 7" tablet but the keyboard dock just makes it much more attractive and can replace my netbook while on the road. My netbook barely lasts 2.5 hours on a full charge, with the Asus Transformer and the keyboard dock it should be 16 hours!

As poorly as the Xoom sales has been according to reports, it'll do even poorer with lots of returns for this tablet. I know the Xoom is 32GB and this is 16GB but with the microSD slot, why need any more than 16GB? If the Motorola released a 16GB Xoom, it most likely would've still been $499.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope the display is crisp and vibrant as the iPad 2, or at least close to it. I'm not very impressed with the XOOM's display quality. It looks a little washed out to me.

It should be, the iPad 2 is 1024x768 (4:3) and the Xoom (and Transformer) is 1280x800 (16:10 ratio!) and I've used the Xoom and the resolution is very clear and easy to read, supposedly the Asus tablet has a better screen so it should look even better (I think the same type display the iPad 2 uses).

darkninja67

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Specs say 2 USB ports, SD card reader AND a microSD card reader? Is this for real??

Definitely a buy if it comes in under $500 for the 32GB version

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah I noticed they had that listed on the new Transformer page.

Are the 2 USB ports only on the dock as well??

Yes and no, I saw in one of the videos the guy plugged and unplugged it into the Transformer where the keyboard plugs into. From what I read, it's a proprietary USB adapter and it'll be included with the tablet (unlike you have to buy a separate one for the iPad).

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I saw this the other day and I thought it was funny.

ASUS-Eee-Pad-Transformer-ad.jpg

It was a BestBuy.com ad that got taken down immediately.

Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
is it 9.5 hours of real world use or just sitting there... can i seriously watch a few movies on one charge...

sincerely,
battery skeptic

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member