ASUS tablets

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else thinking these tablets look amazing? And that they make it look like dual core is more of a requirement than a recommendation?

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
They look pretty sick I can't decide between the transformer or the slider, omg CES is going to be set ablaze with tablets coming in the first half of the year

Sent from mt HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I want the 10.1" screen. Other than that I don't care (although I'm leaning toward the one with the detachable keyboard.

lazarus

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
That slider looks so sweet... as long as the build quality is solid and it feels tight when folded up, I'm pretty much sold... that is unless there are some more amazing tablets getting ready to come out. I dunno the slider is just about the perfect form factor for me. Anyone know what ports are on this bad boy? Hdmi? Usb?

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I want the one with the detachable keyboard. That's EXACTLY what ive been waiting for in a tablet

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro

lazarus

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well after today's releases I've got to say I'm still all aboard for the slider. The xoom tablet as well as others look really nice but this is still the perfect form factor for me. Great for long sessions of typing, emailing and then also easy to use on the fly in tablet mode. Man I hope this thing is priced right. 3g or 4g would be nice but I'd settle for work too since I could tether via my phone. To me this is the most exciting thing to come out of CES. Atrix webtop is also pretty spectacular stuff as well.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely be getting one of these bad boys. But like some of you, I'm also torn between the Slider and the Transformer as I can see the pros and cons in both of them.

Right now I'm leaning more towards the Slider because of the cool/geek factor of the slide out function :) and also because of the ability to switch between laptop and tablet mode on the fly, as lazarus pointed out. I don't need to bother looking for the keyboard when I need it, or detach it when I don't need it. Just slide in, slide out.

But of course I may change my mind in the next few months as more in-depth reviews come out. :)

Celith

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Seems I might be the minority, but I'm more excited about the transformer than the slider. Want it to be portable? Detach and go on your way with what will almost certainly be a thinner and lighter tablet. Need to do some heavy typing? Snap on the dock, sit down at the keyboard and enjoy the extended battery life the dock provides.

Still, by the time these come out I might end up changing my mind a dozen times. :)

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Seems I might be the minority, but I'm more excited about the transformer than the slider. Want it to be portable? Detach and go on your way with what will almost certainly be a thinner and lighter tablet. Need to do some heavy typing? Snap on the dock, sit down at the keyboard and enjoy the extended battery life the dock provides.

Still, by the time these come out I might end up changing my mind a dozen times. :)

Agreed

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning towards the MeMO. After a lot of trial, the 7" is the better form factor for my needs, and the addition of voice capabilities, stylus, stylus-optimised apps, and CDMA means that I can carry one device.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm unable to decide between the Transformer, the Slider, and the XOOM. Got to wait for reviews. Slider is my first choice, but I can see it being screwed up by bad build. Transform is still pretty cool, but then there is the XOOM with BT keyboard. Hmmmm....

Concho Pete

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am patiently waiting for the Transformer to release. Based on the forums, however, there does not seem to be much buzz on this tablet. Not much new info is found when doing the Google on it either.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Concho Pete

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am reading this morning that the ASUS Eee Pad TF101 has made its way to the FCC. Folks are speculating that this is the Transformer. I will speculate on their speculation, that we are close to seeing this hit in April, as speculated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol