Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone know where we can pre order?

So now that we have a US release date (April 26th) I cant find any place to pre order one. I looked on Amazon, Newegg, Staples etc but none seems to have a pre order option yet. Anyone know where if its possible to pre order a Transformer yet?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I've been looking too, to no avail. I checked almost every site I could get to based on Asus' announcement this morning. Perhaps the retailers will get something going before the 26th?? At this point it's almost better to wait since we're just 5 days away. I'd also like to see if anyone's going to carry the device in a store (vs online) that I could handle the Transformer before making a decision to purchase.

-Marc
    Thanked by:
    fkpalm 

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marcjac View Post
    I've been looking too, to no avail. I checked almost every site I could get to based on Asus' announcement this morning. Perhaps the retailers will get something going before the 26th?? At this point it's almost better to wait since we're just 5 days away. I'd also like to see if anyone's going to carry the device in a store (vs online) that I could handle the Transformer before making a decision to purchase.

-Marc
    My local staples said they would have them tuesday, but they couldn't find it in their system. weird.

I haven't been able to find any pre-order sites either, but I'm hoping when, and if, one of us discovers it, he/she will will be sure to remember to post it on this thread, so we can get in line.

I been wanting this since they announced it at CES in January, and the reviews since have not discouraged me. This one has been flying under the radar up til now, with little promotion or coverage, and I really think sales and user reaction will shock the industry, once it hits the field.

One point I'm not clear on is if the 32gb version, and the keyboard/dock will be available with the initial release.

Quote Originally Posted by vicw926a4 View Post
    One point I'm not clear on is if the 32gb version, and the keyboard/dock will be available with the initial release.
    Yeah, I like to know if a person can order the keyboard at the same time as the tablet.

I've got $550 sitting here waiting for Amazon to swap me for some tab-book goodness...

-Suntan

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Last edited by EJL1980; 04-21-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Dude...how many did your order? They are out of stock already. Did you just tell them to send you all of them... That is not cool...lol

I don't think preorder will be necessary, there've been android releases with bigger ad campaign and hype than this and supplies have always been plentiful.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by racerxe24 View Post
    Dude...how many did your order? They are out of stock already. Did you just tell them to send you all of them... That is not cool...lol
    Hey, I like my tablets... lol. They had limit one.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Congrats man. I am getting one as soon as they are available. I had the Xoom for a few days and took it back. I just could not justify $800 for that tablet. But for half that I can. and with the addition of a USEFUL docking keyboard makes it an even better buy. I hope Amazon puts it up soon. Also would like to see the keyboard added to these websites too...

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Thanks EJL1980

I got in and got one ordered before they where gone or at least I paid for something. We will see if I get it or not.

Grr, wish I'd seen this sooner. Will have to put some effort into lurking this thread and retailers' sites over the weekend to see if preorder pages appear.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gasponia View Post
    Grr, wish I'd seen this sooner. Will have to put some effort into lurking this thread and retailers' sites over the weekend to see if preorder pages appear.
    I'd rec this thread... [INFO] US Retail Availability (for Updates on Preorders and Purchasing) - xda-developers lots more activity.

the newegg link seems to be dead for me... i click it and all i get is a list of asus netbooks.. no tablet.
    Last edited by twistedsixty4; 04-21-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsixty4 View Post
    the newegg link seems to bed dead for me... i click it and all i get is a list of asus netbooks.. no tablet.
    Yea they deactivated the page. Weird, mine is listed as shipped.

the newegg link seems to be dead for me... i click it and all i get is a list of asus netbooks.. no tablet.
    Same here. It could be that they weren't supposed to list the Transformer just yet, and so were asked to pull it by management. I know that Best Buy is notorious for that.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
    Same here. It could be that they weren't supposed to list the Transformer just yet, and so were asked to pull it by management. I know that Best Buy is notorious for that.
    Got a tracking number

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Same here I got my tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjac View Post

-Marc
    You think they'll have the laptop/keyboard dock out to demo with the tablet too? Been eyeing this since just several weeks ago and want to demo one w/ the dock before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert69 View Post
    Same here I got my tracking number.
    i hate you.... your shipping that to me right?
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Staples is showing other "Coming Soon" tablets why wouldn't they have the Asus one up there if it's going to be released in a few days..

Tablet Center, Information, Research and Reviews on Tablets, Tablet PCs, Staples | Staples.com
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I dont buy too many electronics, so I have to ask is it normal for there not to be a pre order available for a device coming out in a few days? It seems to me that you can pre order nearly every new device that comes out well in advance. I have this bad feeling that since ASUS sold out of Transformers so fast in the UK and other places that on the 26th the US will be getting very very few. Maybe thats why they arent even listed on Amazon yet.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

i hate you.... your shipping that to me right?
    Well the tracking still shows that UPS has not gotten it yet so my guess they are holding it Monday or Tuesday. So you might get one before me. :-)

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert69 View Post
    Well the tracking still shows that UPS has not gotten it yet so my guess they are holding it Monday or Tuesday. So you might get one before me. :-)
    Mine has been stuck in Ontario, CA for 2 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
    I dont buy too many electronics, so I have to ask is it normal for there not to be a pre order available for a device coming out in a few days? It seems to me that you can pre order nearly every new device that comes out well in advance. I have this bad feeling that since ASUS sold out of Transformers so fast in the UK and other places that on the 26th the US will be getting very very few. Maybe thats why they arent even listed on Amazon yet.
    I think the lack of "pre orders" from places like Best Buy is the fact Asus pulled the US date, and now just a few days before they plan to release it let all the retailers know they will have stock. Usually BB and other places put up product pages a month ahead of time to take pre orders, but this time I think Asus fell short on supply and had to back up. The retailers are in the "we will sell them we when we get them mode" so they don't have mad customers trying to hold them to a date they don't actually have confirmed.

My bet is Tuesday we will be able to buy them in the US, but retailers are playing it safe and not taking pre orders "just in case".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast