Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM

Default Is 16gb enough?

Just curious if you guys think 16gb is enough room or if i should just pony up for the 32gb. Thoughts?

Sent from Alexandroid
    using Tapatalk

I only used up about 2GB on my 32GB Xoom. I guess it depends on how are going to use you tablet. Plus the transformer actually have a working SD card slot, so to me 16 is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    pony up bro...more is better....
    Lol...nice.

For me, 16gb is enough. I always go for the bigger storage spaces on my gadgets and I never fill it. There are so many alternate ways to store things now, that 16gb should be more than enough. I am actively trying to fill my 40gb of space on my Thunderbolt...and Im not even close. I dont really plan on using the Tablet for downloading massive amounts of movies or storing my entire music collection...so 16gb is more than enough.

I'll be going 16GB here. If I need more storage, I'll just use the microSD.

16 is enough for me.

The microsd onboard can offer more space and a full sized sd on the base should make shuffling data pretty easy.

You can buy a lot of sd memory for $100.

-Suntan

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I'm looking at the 16GB. I had an iPod with a ton of space and never filled it.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    You can buy a lot of sd memory for $100.

-Suntan
    This is what I'm thinking.

Although, how much memory is on-board to load apps? Does anybody have that figure? Or does it use the onboard 16gb to load apps?
    mellojoe
    the one, the only

1 GB RAM
    16 or 32 GB "internal drive"
    32GB MicroSDHC

and, if docked

128 GB or more SDXC (unsure of max. capacity spec)
    They laugh at me 'cause I'm different,
    I laugh at them 'cause they're all the same....

I currently use ~17GB on my 32GB iPad, and ~12GB on my Evo. The amount of storage I use on the iPad hasn't increased much over time, but storage I use on the Evo's microSD card fluctuates a lot, since I'm always adding and removing music and podcasts.

Since I'm going to switch to the Nexus S when it hits Sprint, I'm going to buy the 16GB Transformer and give it my Evo's microSD card. If I need more than 16 gigs on the Nexus S, I'll offload the excess to Amazon Music Cloud.

Why not get the 16GB model for $399, take the $100 dollars you would spend on 16GB more and get a 16GB microSD card for $25? Use the $75 you lave left over toward the keyboard dock?

Or, you could get the 16GB model for $399 and add a 32GB microSD card for under $60 and a 32GB SD card for under $50. For about $500 you could have 80GB instead of 32GB.

The best iPad or even current Xoom is only 64GB.

You can add memory any time. Don't miss the keyboard now. I think once people see it with the keyboard, almost everyone will want it. It is just too cool of an idea.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

16 GB should be enough. Especially with everyone holding you music in a cloud now adays lol.. which ASUS gives us as well

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

16GB is all you're going to need. If you need to upgrade, you can get a MicroSD card for cheap. Also, I'm pretty sure ASUS is offering unlimited cloud storage.
    So many phones, so little time.

If you were an apple owner you would have to seriously consider what size to get, but this one I am pretty sure 16GB will do just fine, and upgrading the memory to add another 32GB is simple and that should probably be enough for most. Unless you want 32 and then add another 32 later. It's cheaper to add memory later anyway so I'd get the 16GB.

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I am in the same boat, 16 or 32? I sold my XOOM off (too late to return it) and really liked having the 32GB there but honestly I know I would not max the internal out but I always like to prepare. Still with a 32GB microSD card we should be fine.

I did look over at XDA-Developers and they are fast at work on CWM, rooting etc so hopefully won't be too long.

I will hit Best Buy tomorrow and check it out, want to see it before I buy it.