Intel-based Transformer?

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
The Transformer looks great and I'm tempted to get one but am hoping for an Intel-based Transformer soon. Honeycomb for Intel-based chips is apparently coming soon. This should allow Android to run on generic intel-based tablets that can multi boot Linux, Windows, Chrome, etc., even Intel-based webOS when it comes out. Or run under virtual machine.

I have an Asus netbook tablet now but the specs are not as good and the screen is not good and it's very thick. But I have been able to load Linux and run any other Intel-based OS under VirtualBox. I even have a work image of Windows running on my netbook and can VPN into work with work content. The touchscreen sends the touch commands into the virtual image just fine. This would be awesome to do with the Transformer and either dual boot into Honeycomb and/or run under VirtualBox.

I just hope Android for Intel doesn't require a recompile of apps... that will limit the library. Emulation of ARM chip under Intel should allow running regular Android apps - hopefully.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just hope Android for Intel doesn't require a recompile of apps... that will limit the library. Emulation of ARM chip under Intel should allow running regular Android apps - hopefully.

Samsung showed an Oak Trail "slider" tablet.
Samsung Slide PC 7: Tablet & Netbook in One Running Oaktrail | Netbooknews - Netbooks, Netbook Reviews, Smartbooks and more

Although Intel plans to port Android 3.0. I'm not really big on Intel doing any software. I expect issues.

Intel CEO: we're porting Android 3.0 to x86 - TechSpot News

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie