Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Preordered from Amazon estimated ........

Hey I ordered mine at 10:15 this morning and they are to email me a delivery estimate at some point. If you are in the same boat as me and get your date please post it here?

Thanks

Ordered last night at around 12:10AM, and no delivery estimate yet.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Ordered at 12:01am (32gb version), no estimate for delivery. It doesn't look like Amazon got any of the 32gb variety at all.

Head over to Tiger Direct, they got a shipment in. You can Cancel Amazon if once you get shipping confirmation from TD.

~DC

Just checked the Tiger Direct Web site. Says that it ships in 7 - 21 days. Pretty sure that means they do not have it in stock right now.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Just got a notification from Amazon that my shipment is estimated to arrive May 3rd (I ordered mine about 12:15am on launch morning).

Still waiting for a date for mine. I ordered at 10AM PST on launch date so I suspect I am a few months out.

For the precious few who don't know: the beauty of Amazon is they don't charge you until shipping, and you can always cancel prior to shipping. So order away! I want to see this thing #1 on Amazon's Bestseller list.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

only problem is Amazon is charging tax and shipping. now i have to decide if i wanna spend the extra $32 to not be charged until shipping or just pay B&H $399 flat and have to pay up front.

Quote Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
    only problem is Amazon is charging tax and shipping. now i have to decide if i wanna spend the extra $32 to not be charged until shipping or just pay B&H $399 flat and have to pay up front.

Amazon only charges taxes in the few states where they have a physical presence. With our sales tax in California running near 10% this is a big incentive to use Amazon instead of in-state etailers like Newegg or Frys. Also, if you have Amazon Prime you get free 2 day shipping.

The big issue with Amazon is their popularity. People on XDA are saying Amazon is telling them if you order now you are over a month out.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
    Amazon only charges taxes in the few states where they have a physical presence. Also, if you have Amazon Prime you get free 2 day shipping.

The big issue with Amazon is their popularity. People on XDA are saying Amazon is telling them if you order now you are over a month out.
    if you look at the listing on Amazon, it's actually through Target. that's why there is tax and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
    if you look at the listing on Amazon, it's actually through Target. that's why there is tax and shipping.
    Oh, oh, that means Amazon.com, LLC is not handing the order. That is bad for a few reasons of reasons.
    - One, the tax issue you mention. Amazon.com, LLC has a very limited domicile (Washington, Nevada, and one or two other states). So you don't pay taxes in other states. Compare that to Target which is everywhere so you pay taxes everywhere.
    - Second, the guarantee/refund structure may not be the same. Amazon.com, LLC is free returns unless you just decide you just don't want it.
    - Third, if you have Amazon prime at Amazon.com, LLC the shipping is 2 days and free. Sometime shipping is not free with other Amazon storefronts.

FWIW, I made sure both my tablet and keyboard were being sold by Amazon.com, LLC. Amazon.com, LLC must be sold out and directing the orders to other storefronts.

Well, got an update from Amazon today to be delivered on the 04th. I've checked my invoice, and it's coming from Amazon, and not Target. So no tax, and free 2 day shipping for me.

I just got an email saying that my estimated delivery is May 2nd from Amazon. I ordered at 12:04 am on launch day.

When did you guys order. I ordered around 10 AM PST on launch day and have not received any shipping emails.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
    When did you guys order. I ordered around 10 AM PST on launch day and have not received any shipping emails.
    Hey Jerry, ordered mine around 12:05AM or so on the 26th.

Amazon just sent me an email that said I can expect my tablet between may 18 and june 2nd.. As for the dock they have no clue.. You would think for every Tablet ASUS would make a dock? or a 1 to 2 ratio?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Lil21kev View Post
    Amazon just sent me an email that said I can expect my tablet between may 18 and june 2nd.. As for the dock they have no clue.. You would think for every Tablet ASUS would make a dock? or a 1 to 2 ratio?
    When did you order yours?

ROM
    Stock

at least you got an email, i ordered a 32 gig and i still havent gotten any word.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil21kev View Post
    Amazon sent me an email tonight saying expect delivery btw May 17-May 27. I ordered about 12:45 am on launch day. Have one from BJ's already and my wife is interested in a second to replace her lame ipad. Could pick one up locally at Fry's if I wanted to go to that chitty store and brave a phalanx of morons, but I don't and I won't.

I ordered mine at about 1 am on Launch day..

Quote Originally Posted by farwest View Post
    Amazon sent me an email tonight saying expect delivery btw May 17-May 27. I ordered about 12:45 am on launch day. Have one from BJ's already and my wife is interested in a second to replace her lame ipad. Could pick one up locally at Fry's if I wanted to go to that chitty store and brave a phalanx of morons, but I don't and I won't.
    Yeah, I just got mine. Funny how random these dates seem. I wonder what Amazon's delivery date algorithm is. They told me estimated arrival date is between May 16 - May 26. Come to think about it, I did also do the Amazon Prime 1 day shipping, which could be why the difference between dates....

So 2-3 weeks of waiting. I guess I can hang for a minute.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Ok, I ordered at 10:15am on launch day and got my email saying May 18 - June 2.

I just got my email from Amazon. Ordered tablet and dock at 10AM PST on 4/26. Delivery is 5/17-5/27 for the tablet. No estimate on the dock.

I also placed on order at Fry's for pick-up. The unit showed in stock, but a few minutes later I received an email saying "You item is NOT available for pick up ... due to insufficient quantities..... Sorry ....". So don't expect to walk into Fry's and pick one up.

Jerry
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Ok, I ordered at 10:15am on launch day and got my email saying May 18 - June 2.
    Same date range for me too lets just hope for the 18th.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast