1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 32gig MicroSD

Where is the best price?

What class should I get? Does it matter?

Thanks

I went with this one from Buy.com

32gig, less than $70 and it is Class 4, not to bad. Personally I did not research to see if I would get much more speed form a CLass 6 card.

Brandon

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

you can get faster cards on ebay for 1/3 that price.

the ebay ones are almost always junk. I purchased a 32gb Class 10 Kingston for $89 from newegg.com . It transfers really fast. 12-14mb per second

Quote Originally Posted by themeatball84 View Post
    the ebay ones are almost always junk. I purchased a 32gb Class 10 Kingston for $89 from newegg.com . It transfers really fast. 12-14mb per second
    Little help here, was it 14 Mbps or 14 MBps?

Either way, those speeds are more than fast enough to play a high quality video without interruption (which I would consider to be the bare minimum usability requirement as far as card speed is concerned.)

-Suntan

I got the $58 32GB Sandisk one from amazon and am getting 10mb write and 16 read.

I got the Sandisk 32gb Class 4 from B&H for around $70.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

what is the min. class for hd video?

thanks

Isn't class 6 the minimum for AVCHD?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Quote Originally Posted by jimed43 View Post
    what is the min. class for hd video?

thanks
    There isn't really a hard and fast answer. Technically, Blu Ray rips can spike to 54Mbps, but in testing I did with the Xoom I was getting "acceptable" results with bitrates around 1Mbps (onscreen playback, not connected to an external monitor.)

-Suntan

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default SD card

Can anyone tell me if you can use the SD Card to hold those apps that are SD Card compatible as you can on your Android phone? I was just assuming that this was so but would like to verify this.

If you are comparing the 16GB $399 with the 32GB $499 model, consider this

It is only a Class 4 but it would tide you over for $18 instead of $100. Later you can upgrade to 32GB or add an SD card or USB thumb drives. The maximmum memory is Base+32GB+128GB+64GB+64GB or about 300GB.

A Class 10 32GB is .

Be really careful if you are searching eBay to only search for new items from the US. Also check to make sure they have at least 50 good ratings. Here is a search for but the prices really are not much better than newegg, amazon, or buy.com.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05-01-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Quote Originally Posted by mikellyny View Post
    Can anyone tell me if you can use the SD Card to hold those apps that are SD Card compatible as you can on your Android phone? I was just assuming that this was so but would like to verify this.
    The internal cards for phone and the pad are micro SD cards. Same card should work in either device.

The dock/keyboard has a SD card slot. The SD card is larger than the micro SD.