mini hdmi

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Based on this thread, it scares me to think my transformer MINI HDMI is fubared.

I bought a Belkin mini HDMI to HDMI cable (BestBuy) and plugged it in to my TV and even my monitors and I get no output. Has anyone heard of requirements for the cable? or is my port probably dead.

I did not get any notification on the tablet at all, I'm on official 3.1....LG 37 incher like 3 year old maybe

Just found this and hope this isnt the case http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1082885

Last edited:

fandroid98208

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Based on this thread, it scares me to think my transformer MINI HDMI is fubared.

I bought a Belkin mini HDMI to HDMI cable (BestBuy) and plugged it in to my TV and even my monitors and I get no output. Has anyone heard of requirements for the cable? or is my port probably dead.

I did not get any notification on the tablet at all, I'm on official 3.1

Just found this and hope this isnt the case [Q] transformer detects mini hdmi but can't get o/p on two TVs - xda-developers

I bought a 3' and 10' cable from monoprice but haven't tested them out yet. Was disappointed I went on vacation and packed the micro hdmi cables I bought for my Xoom and discovered the Transformer uses mini! My Xoom wouldn't connect to my Vizio TV but it connects to my Samsung and Panasonic just fine. What brand of TV do you have?

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a couple cables at random, with fingers crossed. I think we will have to test many brands to find the best fitting (snug without wiggle) cables, especially with mini HDMI.

I have HDMI on my laptop. One thing I noticed is the quality of the connection varies greatly with the cable brand. What I mean is the physical fit and *wiggle* of the connection, not the electrical connection. Some cables lose the electrical contact with a simple bump, so I had to dump them. Other cables are a great fit and work fine. I expect the same issues with HDMI cables on our TF.

Also, FYI, there is a problem reported with HDMI and 1080i (note the "i" vs "p") on certain TVs. It is written up in various forum posts on xda. So, while a good cable might work on one TV, the same cable might not work on another TV. I do not watch TV so I do not remember the details.

Good luck.

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I did not get any notification on the tablet at all, I'm on official 3.1

Just found this and hope this isnt the case [Q] transformer detects mini hdmi but can't get o/p on two TVs - xda-developers

Update..........I bought a phillips mini to HDMI from Sears and tried it.....It works my friends sucks I have to take back the Belkin and hope they have something I can get for my reward Zone money

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
The main purpose of my Transformer purchase was to hook up to our tv on boat, Ipad promised and
didn't do it!!

So went to Best Buy, purchase Dynex 3D compatible cable - $32.99 with tax. Worked great.

Then looked on Ebay, found same exact cable shipped from USA for $7.49 and ordered, so will check this and return the BB and keep the change.

I did read somewhere this needs to be a 1.3a cable. And these things are so finicky (or cheap) that I wanted to try first not have to return to China!!

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't order the $6 one like I did from an Amazon re-seller called "better stuff". They are a scam outfit that never shipped the cable to me after waiting like 3 weeks. I left negative feedback and they emailed me and said if I remove my negative feedback they will ship me out another one. This is called blackmail!

Amazon credited me back the $6 and I'll order from Monoprice as they always have decent quality cables for cheap.

"Better Stuff for Less" for less had a 97% feedback rating and a 2% rate of dis-satisfied customers who ordered from them. I blame myself for not being more aware of their crappy feedback rating as I was in a hurry to get a cable to try. . . . My bad!