Some Fry's electronics have ASUS transformer in stock. Check your zip

delliott00

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I had pretty much written off getting one until June. But thanks to the poster here, I checked and Fry's in Austin TX showed up as "Available" at ~ 3pm. So I bought one online and about 15 mins later got the confirmation that it was waiting for me. Then ran down to the store with my receipt and picked it up.

So far so good. The screen is awesome. Better than the ipad. I'm really digging honecomb, having gotten used to 2.2/2.3 on my HTC Evo and on an Archos 101 tablet (which will be on ebay tonight!)

Now, has anyone actually gotten a dock anywhere in the US?

-Dave

cl191

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are going to their stores, you may want to bring the PLU# with you. They are not on display and the guys there don't have a clue about it. I even asked the supervisor and even that guy didn't know anything about it until I told him to check the PLU on the computer.

cl191

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to think that it's a glitch if it shows more than 2-3 in a store. It almost sounds like they are showing stocks for all the Frys stores together when you see something like 23...

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The Concord, CA store showed the item in stock so I ordered it and paid for pick-up. A few minutes later I received an email saying the item was NOT (their caps) in stock due to inadequate quantities. So it looks like the web site's order taking system is separate from the fulfillment and use different stock databases.

mrumm49

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Asus Transformer Docking Keyboard

Just ordered the Asus transformer docking keyboard from PC Richard & Son. Hurry They actually still had some in stock as of May 22.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Fry's computer system is hit or miss... When I ordered mine from the Woodburn OR store, I got the confirmation email and printed it out. When I went into the store, the computer system couldn't 'find' any in stock. They finally found they had 4 when they put in the PLU#. I'm not sure if calling a store direct would help or not. If you do, have the PLU# ready and ask them to search by it (sorry, I don't have the number(s) on hand, but you should be able to get it from the Fry's web site..).

Good Luck!

SM0k3

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the Fountain Valley area has some, when I checked yesterday Fry's in Burank, CA has some but I guess they sold out.

Fountain Valley, CA 10800 Kalama River Ave

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a 32gb unit last Sunday in Concord,Ca.

I ordered online Sat night and expected to get a not instock message. I was shocked to get the message to pick it up.

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca