Got mine. Much better than my Xoom...

farwest

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Compared to my Xoom, the Transformer is a significant improvement.

Easier to hold -no sharp edges.

Feels significantly lighter although only a few ounces lighter (wider tablet seems to feel less heavy). I also like the wider bezel as it gives a place for your thumbs to rest.

Screen is noticeably brighter, sharper and seems to offer more realistic colors.

I like the better speaker, power and volume toggle placement as well.

Speakers sound much louder as the are on the side vs the back.

The comments about the plastic back creaking are total nonsense - you really have to press on it to get any flex - give my lighter sturdy plastic vs heavy metal any day.

Since both are Honeycomb devices, they operate nearly identically - only modest skin changes by Asus to stock Honeycomb.

Honestly, I can't find a single thing I like about the Xoom more than what I find on the Transformer. Asus has set the bar very high with a well designed tablet at rock bottom price. I am amazed Asus didn't expect bigger demand as the Transformer is a winner.

Edit: There is one thing that is worse - and that's the very short power cable - only 3' or so - should be much longer

Last edited:

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
Same here! Just got it today, and my Xoom went packing...

Feels lighter, and the screen is gorgeous!!!!!

Only one thing I'm still not liking. The gold/brown color is weird (wish it was black or gray). Although, it's really beginning to grow on me.

So far, so good. Looks like a keeper!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This might be the tablet for me! I have been holding out for a while for one at around $400

Does everything work on this out of the box like the SD card? Anything "coming soon" like the Xoom :)

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
This might be the tablet for me! I have been holding out for a while for one at around $400

Does everything work on this out of the box like the SD card? Anything "coming soon" like the Xoom :)

Yup. Everything works. I guess apple have it right all along as far as the bezels goes. I mean, the Xoom has the slimmest bezels, and I thought it was awesome, but in reality a wider bezels works well on a tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX