Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Default preorder at J&R Electronics

Those of you who could not get in on any preorder/order for Transformer, here is another shot at it. J & R electronics is still accepting pre orders. They are a reputed name in electronics and are nice folks to deal with. (I am not affiliated with them).

Search Results for ASUS Transformer at JR.com

The website shows 32GB version "coming soon" and 16GB version "on order". It would be best to call them at 800-806-1115 or 800-426-6027 and see which one would be faster to get. They are expecting a new shipment next week (my friend was told so).

Goodluck.
    Thanked by 2:

I ordered up a 16GB... I now have orders in with 4 different vendors. Lets see who wants my money first!

I ordered a 32GB and a kepad dock this morning from J&R. My purchases have always been handled beautifully by J&R.

I just placed an order also I also placed one with Amazon 2 days ago so we'll see who gets my money first!

I was told today that J&R would be receiving my transformer and dock during the week of May 23,2011.

When did you guys place your orders?

Just placed an order, hoping some retailer sends me one soon. how did you pay? i purchase/pre ordered by using my amazon account, hopefully that means it will be shipped directly from JR and not amazon. when i go to Jr.com it still shows the transformer in my cart but i got an email confirmation saying i purchased the item.

I did the same- using my amazon payment account to purchase through J&R. I'll definitely post when I get dates from either Target through Amazon or J&R. I am hoping I'll know when by the end of this week because I ordered the 28th from Target and 29th from J&R.

I ordered my 32GB and dock at approx. 10:00 AM EDT on April 29.

I just noticed a post on xda about someone contacting J&R today and finding out that they received a whopping 45 units and have shipped them out today. Logged onto my CC and just noticed that J&R no longer has the charge pending.....

I guess I'll get to read more about it before I get my hands on one.....in a month....or two.....who knows

ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by kuri View Post
    I just noticed a post on xda about someone contacting J&R today and finding out that they received a whopping 45 units and have shipped them out today. Logged onto my CC and just noticed that J&R no longer has the charge pending.....

I guess I'll get to read more about it before I get my hands on one.....in a month....or two.....who knows
    They're supposed to get about 45 more on Thursday as well.

Since my Target order was cancelled, I placed an order with JR. Thanks for the info and great reviews of them. Had never done business with them before.

Does anyone know if J&R typically charges the CC even before they have a unit to ship? i can see that my Amex was charged the $407 already but there is no email saying my unit is shipping. is this normal?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I noticed the same thing, but I have no shipping confirmation. I see where they state they will not charge until the item has shipped, but that's not what it looks like to me.

It is a funds authorization. The funds are on hold but not actually charged until it ships.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I order from J & R also. Did any one receive a shipping confirmation yet?

No, but their listing for the Transformer now says "On Order" whereas yesterday it said "Temporarily Out of Stock" and you are still able to click "add to cart". hopefully that means they are receiving a shipment soon to go out to those who have an order in.....but who knows - i am speculating here.

I have a pending charge for my order as well...normally your shouldn't have a transaction unless something is being shipped...hopefully the pending charge is a good sign

Just put a order in from them. I hope they are a good company (and hope they ship soon lol). It says ON ORDER right now, so hopefully it's soon. I'm super excited after playing with a XOOM!

They need to get their shipment in! I can't wait anymore

Have they shipped out the 45 that apparently they got this week?

I'll make some of you happy. With all the negatives I've been reading about the Transformer I have decided to wait for the Samsung to be released next month. I just cancelled my backorder at J&R. So everyone after me moves up a notch.

By the way, the customer service guy trying to talk me out of cancelling told me they were getting more stock (I think he said 30 units) on the 10th.

Haha, I JUST got off the phone with them too. They were getting a shipment in too on the 10th. Hopefully my order gets filled too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ufd108 View Post
    I'll make some of you happy. With all the negatives I've been reading about the Transformer I have decided to wait for the Samsung to be released next month. I just cancelled my backorder at J&R. So everyone after me moves up a notch.

By the way, the customer service guy trying to talk me out of cancelling told me they were getting more stock (I think he said 30 units) on the 10th.
    I just called and canceled my order too. It has been too long of a wait. And I have to pay sales tax ordering from them, so the wait was extra painful.

The guy was saying I'm in the queue for the 5/10 shipment. Sounds like they really have a new shipment in on the 10th. But I decided to cancel anyway because I'll rather order from a place I don't have to pay for the sales tax.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I, too called this AM, 10th seems to be the date for the 16 gb model (not sure of the 32 gb model though), the KB is still on order and no timeframe yet.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast