Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Eee Pad on sale at Target $360

Asus Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" Android Tablet (TF101-A1) with 16GB Hard Drive, 1GB Memory - Black/Brown : Target

Use coupon code: TCA27BAR ($40 off)
    ShopDiscover gives you 5% back if you don't have target card.
    There are some cash back places that will give you 2-3% cashback.

credit to slickdeals.net

Awesome deal. If I not already own 2 of these, I'll be all over these. Thanks for the heads up.

Just went ahead to order, but looks like its backordered. 2-3 weeks wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Visual360 View Post
    Just went ahead to order, but looks like its backordered. 2-3 weeks wait.
    2-3 weeks is good compared to some places. Nobody has this in stock. If I'm going to wait to get one I might as well get a discount.

Thanks, I just canceled my order with Amazon. Getting a discount makes the wait more bearable.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I just picked one up myself. Looks like my Xoom may be going back from the reviews I've been reading about the TF.

Thanks for the coupon code.

Well I was a bad boy and purchased another one.. I'll be putting it on Ebay :-)

Carrier
    Stock (Rooted)

nice, cancelled my B&H order for this. Ended up only saving around $15, but thats still better than nothing.

guys target charges for shipping and charges you tax...neither are done on amazon; you are essentially breaking even!

Quote Originally Posted by scheets973 View Post
    guys target charges for shipping and charges you tax...neither are done on amazon; you are essentially breaking even!
    Amazon charges tax shipping to New York.

Carrier
    Stock (Rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by scheets973 View Post
    Amazon does charge tax on a few states. Just checked a current order through Amazon actually goes through Target, adding tax aswell. You really do save $40.

--Amazon-- (Mind you, this is to Ohio where Amazon does not charge tax)
    Order Summary
    Items: $399.99
    Shipping & Handling: $7.85
    Total Before Tax: $407.84
    Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $28.55
    Order Total: $436.39

My order from Target comes to $393.51 using the code.

Quote Originally Posted by jg274105 View Post
    Amazon does charge tax on a few states. Just checked a current order through Amazon actually goes through Target, adding tax aswell. You really do save $40.

--Amazon-- (Mind you, this is to Ohio where Amazon does not charge tax)
    Order Summary
    Items: $399.99
    Shipping & Handling: $7.85
    Total Before Tax: $407.84
    Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $28.55
    Order Total: $436.39

My order from Target comes to $393.51 using the code.
    It's going through Target at Amazon because they are out of stock. So it's coming from the same "pile." When Amazon is back in stock, or you can order from them, there will be no shipping and tax for most people.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

How long does this deal last. Anyone know?

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just put my order in!

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Order placed and will be shipped to the work office so I can actually play with it with out the kids hounding me about it!

got it for 401 and some change after shipping charges, basically saved tax...will see if i get my 32gb one i preordered on amazon on the 26th

Thanks to the OP for getting me a good deal. My order came out to $386. But the 2-3 week wait is going to be a killer. I also don't have my og anymore so i really need some android in life. Also, in other news, happy first post to me!

$389 with taxes and shipping! Now if I can survive the wait until delivery....

Carrier
    Stock (Rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
    It's going through Target at Amazon because they are out of stock. So it's coming from the same "pile." When Amazon is back in stock, or you can order from them, there will be no shipping and tax for most people.
    Didn't I read that Amazon's first batch came from Target too? Pretty sure I did.

Thanks for the coupon code! Worked for me. Decided to go ahead and order since no one else I would order from is even taking orders for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jg274105 View Post
    Didn't I read that Amazon's first batch came from Target too? Pretty sure I did.
    Amazon acts as a store front for themselves and many other etailers. In the case of the Eee pad Amazon.com, LLC sold some and when those were exhausted the site automatically switched to Target and other etailers. The orders through Amazon.com, LLC are not taxed unless you live in a few states where Amazon.com has a domicile (Washington, Nevada, and one or two others). Also, if you have Amazon Prime 2 days shipping is free for Amazon.com, LLC items, but not through Target and other etailers.

I ordered my Eee Pad and dock/keyboard through Amazon.com, LLC so I don't have to pay tax and get the free 2 days shipping. My units came to $399 and $149 delivered.

Thanks to the OP for finding this code!

If you want to upgrade to 32GB, check this out:

Fry's HP 16GB microsSD Class 4 Card $17.99

It is only a Class 4 but it would tide you over and you are still less than $399.

A Class 10 32GB is more like $85 would put you at 48GB.

I tried to order from Target with the $40 off promotion code. It doesn't apply now. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFish View Post
    I tried to order from Target with the $40 off promotion code. It doesn't apply now. :-(
    the code still works fine for me.

I just cancelled my order on Target, I already had one on Amazon and I didnt want to be greedy!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast