AmazonVOD?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried playing any AmazonVOD movies since the new Flash update was released?

When I had the Xoom, they played, but choppy. Has it been improved or are we still waiting for an Android update?

(They have free previews of most movies for checking if you don't have a prime membership.)

-Suntan

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Not too bad on my side. I mean, it's not butter smooth, but not jerky either. It's a bit pixelated though, so text is not something to brag about.

I'd have to agree, no real improvements from the Xoom to the now updated Flash 10.2. It plays fine but did tend to have a few hiccups right at the beginning. I didn't let the movie really buffer so unsure if the stutter was my wifi catching up or the Flash struggling to do the decoding. Once playing though it was fine, played a movie, basically SD/DVD type quality.

Looking forward to 720p capabilities for sure. The IPS screen is just to nice to not have HD content playing! :)

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I was looking and I don't see a Netflix app. Anyone tried that yet? Maybe via a normal web browser ?
Netflix settled on hardware based DRM for Qualcomm processors back when every high end Android phone was using Snapdragon. I don't think they anticipated the rapid shift to Tegra 2 dual core chipsets. Hopefully, Netflix will switch to a more hardware agnostic DRM solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay