Exchange ActiveSync Support

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Acer tablet from BBY this weekend and was disappointed that there was no Exchange support out of the box. Does this functionality exist on the Transformer?

Thanks!

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm connected to my exchange serve with the stock email application on the Transformer.

So to answer your question, yes it does.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Does the calendar integration work as well?

Yes it does. I'm assuming it will work for you as well unless you have something different with your exchange server. I don't know too much about exchange servers but it works for me.

Also, in case you are wondering the contacts work as well. So basically for me it syncs everything from my exchange server.

mayo1024#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this error on my new Transformer. Setup is exactly the same as my Froyo Epic but I'm getting the following error on my Transformer:

Setup could not finish. This server requires security features that your Android device does not
support

Has anyone come across this yet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mayo

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
What version of exchange are you running?
We're running exchange 2007 with security controls, and when I set it up, it just asked me if it was okay for my server to enable security options (it listed a bunch), and it's working fine for me.

Haven't tried with a 2010 exchange server yet.

mjbDX

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting this error on my new Transformer. Setup is exactly the same as my Froyo Epic but I'm getting the following error on my Transformer:

Setup could not finish. This server requires security features that your Android device does not
support

Has anyone come across this yet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mayo
i had that problem. hit the back arrow at that screen. it should then allow you to fillin the rest of your profile and login.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Personally found the built in clients lacking so I purchased Touchdown for Exchange ($7.99 on Amazon App Store, 30 day free version if I recall right is available) for my tablet and its excellent. It almost replicates a full Outlook experienced on the Tablet. Suggest y'all give it a try.

mayo1024#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i had that problem. hit the back arrow at that screen. it should then allow you to fillin the rest of your profile and login.

Have tried that many times. Still doesn't work. Not sure which version of Exchange my company is running but my Epic 4g works like a charm with the same settings. Have enabled pin security and still doesn't work. Going to work with my IT department on Wed to log on with out security settings and then add one back at a time to see where my transformer has an issue.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll let you know what our results are.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Perenor

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well. I bought my Transformer last week. I've already installed 3.1 on my tablet. I tried to add my exchange account to the stock e-mail client, using a manual setup (in both versions). For some reason however I don't seem to be able to connect to our Exchange server. The error message that I'm getting is: This server requires security features your android device does not support.

I know this was a problem with older versions of Android. But starting with 2.2 these issues should have been solved. Also, some colleagues of mine own 2.2 and 2.3 devices. And they can connect to our Exchange Server without any problems. Unfortunately I can't with my brandnew Transformer .

I've installed Touchdown for Tablets. This app has no problems whatsoever. But I'd much rather use the stock e-mail client, because it lets me read my mail from all my e-mail accounts in one tool.

The security policies Touchdown lists as being requested from our Exchange server are the following:
?allow simple password: No
?Password/PIN required
?Failed Attempts 8
?Min Length 4
?Timeout 600 sec.
?Password recovery

I have sent in a bug report at code.google.com. Its Defect Id is 17987. Perhaps others out there with a honeycomb tablet who are having this problem as well, could leave a message there: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=17987.

Regards, Perenor

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
What version of exchange are you running? We're on 2007 and it works fine with our policies (although we may not have password recovery enabled).

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
2007. It's the requirement for memory encryption that throws it off. Even the new Sense 3.0 phones no longer work. The older Sense ROM's "lied" to the exchange server suggesting they supported device encryption when in fact they do not.

dazsalt

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My TF always worked fine on Exchange ActiveSync (including 2007, 2010 and Zimbra accounts) but all of a sudden, since the last update, I've been the error:

"Sorry!" - "The application Exchange Services (process com.android.exchange) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" - "Force Close".

I'm going to try and delete my exchange accounts from the TF and re-add them, in case it's a local data issue - but if not I may have to roll back (if that's even possible - not looked into that yet).

Looks like it may not be a hardware/asus issue. See http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1052274#post1052274 for a similar issue.

Daz.:eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae