Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is there a good android app for downloading movies?

what is the best app (paid or free) to download movies to a Honeycomb tablet? can you download HD as well?
    MLGamesApps likes this.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jcpharm, mclarryjr and hammey22 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Can one only rent movies? what if i want to purchase the movie for download (permanently)? how long does the renting period last?

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jcpharm View Post
    Thanks! Can one only rent movies? what if i want to purchase the movie for download (permanently)? how long does the renting period last?
    if i remember right, u can "pin" the movie for watching without internet connection. it downloads in the background. you are NOT allowed to keep them though. u can store them unwatched for 30days.
    sounds like you need that crackberry solution more than the android movies solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aleis View Post
    if i remember right, u can "pin" the movie for watching without internet connection. it downloads in the background. you are NOT allowed to keep them though. u can store them unwatched for 30days.
    sounds like you need that crackberry solution more than the android movies solution.
    Or just buy them on DVD and use a program like Handbrake or Pavtube to rip them to the tablet.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ufd108 View Post
    Or just buy them on DVD and use a program like Handbrake or Pavtube to rip them to the tablet.
    my goal was a way to do it without the DVD copying/ripping method (much like one can do on iTunes).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holysnikey View Post
    Well one legal way is to just use iTunes and put it on your SDcard. I haven't done it on my tablet but have on my Droid X. The ILLEGAL way WHICH I DON'T CONDONE is using a torrent client such as Azureus(sp?) and then put in on your sd or tablet. Those require a computer though so if you are looking to do it with just the tablet they will not work.
    as far as iTunes - it doesn't work. they are all DRM protected so android video player(s) that i have tried do not play them.
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Rooted, leaned out stock

What format are you gusy downloading or encoding these movies to so they will play on the TF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    aosp 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by mknollman123 View Post
    What format are you gusy downloading or encoding these movies to so they will play on the TF?
    [GUIDE] 720p Handbrake preset for TF101 (HC3.1 Update) - xda-developers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is there a good android app for downloading movies?

I was watching 21 Jump Street on a friends Galaxy III. He was too intoxicated to show me how he downloaded the movie. I have the Galaxy Nexus and would like to know how to download load movies. Any advise is greatly appreciated.