Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a good android app for downloading movies?

what is the best app (paid or free) to download movies to a Honeycomb tablet? can you download HD as well?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! Can one only rent movies? what if i want to purchase the movie for download (permanently)? how long does the renting period last?

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcpharm View Post
    Thanks! Can one only rent movies? what if i want to purchase the movie for download (permanently)? how long does the renting period last?
    if i remember right, u can "pin" the movie for watching without internet connection. it downloads in the background. you are NOT allowed to keep them though. u can store them unwatched for 30days.
    sounds like you need that crackberry solution more than the android movies solution.

Quote Originally Posted by aleis View Post
    if i remember right, u can "pin" the movie for watching without internet connection. it downloads in the background. you are NOT allowed to keep them though. u can store them unwatched for 30days.
    sounds like you need that crackberry solution more than the android movies solution.
    Or just buy them on DVD and use a program like Handbrake or Pavtube to rip them to the tablet.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Ufd108 View Post
    Or just buy them on DVD and use a program like Handbrake or Pavtube to rip them to the tablet.
    my goal was a way to do it without the DVD copying/ripping method (much like one can do on iTunes).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by holysnikey View Post
    Well one legal way is to just use iTunes and put it on your SDcard. I haven't done it on my tablet but have on my Droid X. The ILLEGAL way WHICH I DON'T CONDONE is using a torrent client such as Azureus(sp?) and then put in on your sd or tablet. Those require a computer though so if you are looking to do it with just the tablet they will not work.
    as far as iTunes - it doesn't work. they are all DRM protected so android video player(s) that i have tried do not play them.
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

What format are you gusy downloading or encoding these movies to so they will play on the TF?

ROM
    aosp 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by mknollman123 View Post
    What format are you gusy downloading or encoding these movies to so they will play on the TF?
    [GUIDE] 720p Handbrake preset for TF101 (HC3.1 Update) - xda-developers

Default Re: Is there a good android app for downloading movies?

I was watching 21 Jump Street on a friends Galaxy III. He was too intoxicated to show me how he downloaded the movie. I have the Galaxy Nexus and would like to know how to download load movies. Any advise is greatly appreciated.