Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    JimA's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

    Default May be old news, but it's official...

    Jim Ayers
    Recovering Crackberry Abuser
  2. #2  

    Default

    Right, well I guess it should be a lesson for all companies that when your R&D group goes to the effort of making you a product that is novel in the marketplace, your marketing group should probably put a little bit of effort into determining the market demand for it.

    ASUS could have sold 500,000 of these before the Samsung tab 10.1 released if they had sufficient stock of them available at release.

    -Suntan
  3. #3  

    Default

    This was what I heard and read about the Xoom when it came out.
    Wow, I want one...
    I'm going to buy one...
    Damn it is expensive!...
    I really want it but its too pricey ...
    I'll get the wi-fi one, it will be cheaper...
    Damn not cheap enough...


    So I think it was clear that people wanted it but the price was too high. So Asus makes a tablet that is much cheaper, has a better screen, a working micro sd slot, and the option of a full keyboard. And they are surprised by the demand? I don't get it.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JesterOC View Post
    This was what I heard and read about the Xoom when it came out.
    Wow, I want one...
    I'm going to buy one...
    Damn it is expensive!...
    I really want it but its too pricey ...
    I'll get the wi-fi one, it will be cheaper...
    Damn not cheap enough...
    I would add in there:

    What, ASUS is releasing one *with* a keyboard for less money, I'm returning this Xoom...

    Which is what you heard from a lot of people online (myself included.) So I hope companies like ASUS didn't peg demand for their tablets based on the initial sale of Xoom tablets and it is pretty clear that Xoom sales were hit hard by the announcment of the Transformer (and the slimmed down Tab to come.)

    -Suntan
  5. #5  

    Default

    Well hopefully there will be plenty coming in June
  6. #6  

    Default

    I just ordered the keyboard dock through walmart.com, (thank you nowinstock.net), so hopefully by the time I can actually hunt down the real tablet, they'll have this whole quality control thing down-pat....
  7. #7  

    Default

    I just ordered both the tablet and keyboard dock through Walmart.com, also thanks to nowinstock.net. Can't wait. I highly recommend nowinstock.net for hard to find items like these.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camjcb View Post
    I just ordered both the tablet and keyboard dock through Walmart.com, also thanks to nowinstock.net. Can't wait. I highly recommend nowinstock.net for hard to find items like these.
    Same for me as well. I have the 32G (from which I'm typing on) from tigerdirect.com and ordered the dock from walmart.com. It is a great site!
  9. #9  

    Default

    Believe it or not the Motorola xoom will always featch top dollar even down the road. It is a highly desirable high quality device. Like I stated in other posts, I had the TF it is k-mart quality no more no less. Sold it on eBay within an hour of using it. I own 2 xooms and I have yet to see any tablet compare to it. There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing. Purely my opinion and thousands of other xoom owners.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdroid View Post
    Believe it or not the Motorola xoom will always featch top dollar even down the road. It is a highly desirable high quality device. Like I stated in other posts, I had the TF it is k-mart quality no more no less. Sold it on eBay within an hour of using it. I own 2 xooms and I have yet to see any tablet compare to it. There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing. Purely my opinion and thousands of other xoom owners.
    I understand exactly, my Grandmother always said "opinions are like ____holes (certain body parts), everybody has one"........

    Dave........
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdroid View Post
    ...There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing...
    I'm going to reiterate what I understand you to say here so we're both on the same page. You believe the Xoom to be $300 better because it has a little LED that blinks when you get an email?

    Just checkin'...
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdroid View Post
    Believe it or not the Motorola xoom will always featch top dollar even down the road. It is a highly desirable high quality device. Like I stated in other posts, I had the TF it is k-mart quality no more no less. Sold it on eBay within an hour of using it. I own 2 xooms and I have yet to see any tablet compare to it. There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing. Purely my opinion and thousands of other xoom owners.
    Au contraire!

    Take it from a former Xoom owner (3g and wifi) - you couldn't pay me to go back. It is junk by comparison to the Transformer and far less functional despite significantly higher price tag.


    Anyone who pays more than $300 for Xoom wifi is an ***** - the Xoom is an inferior product that was released unfinished (and still doesn't have SD card working, let alone the promised 4g). A year from now you won't be able to give away a Xoom.
  13. #13  

    Default

    We probably don't want to feed the troll, though!
  14. #14  

    Default

    i have a xoom but i order a transformer to compare which one is the best it should be here on thursday than ill see

Posting Permissions

B