Any news on stock?
05-19-2011 12:55 PM
- I want this darn tablet but ive been waiting forever and like everyone has noticed they never have in stock anywhere. Has anyone heard any news when Asus is supposed to bake a new batch or when they should be available again?
oh never mind seems that i missed this article http://www.netbooknews.com/24923/asu...blet-shortage/05-16-2011 02:15 PM
- supply is definitely getting better. People are able to order from the usually places with deliveries in a few weeks. Amazon.com opened up order taking yesterday the first time since 4/26. Unfortunately they sold out in a few hours. In addition, Amazon and other seem to be shipping orders.
Some stores also have stock on the shelves. The 32 GB unit seem to be the most common one. I picked one up at Fry's on Sunday.
Some places to try. Newegg, Amazon.com, and AmericanTV.05-17-2011 11:18 AM
- I have to ask. Is any one else starting to think about waiting until the Q3 or Q4 tablets come out? I'm starting to feel like if I can't get my hands on a Transformer by early next month it'd be worth it to see what the Amazon tablet or some of the new ones running Kal-El look like; especially if what Asus said about all of their future tablets being compatible with the dock is true.05-17-2011 11:29 AM
- Yes and no. Id always like to have more power/speed. But honestly, I just want to stop having to deal with lugging my laptop around the livingroom. I want to surf the web while reclining back on the couch, I want to sit in the recliner with my son and watch youtube videos (currently we sit at the kitchen table) etc. etc.
Using the Xoom for a week or two showed me that the current Tegra 2 is fast enough for my needs. Browsing the internet is fast enough, the Tegra HD games play really nicely, 720p video plays smoothly, etc.
I not buying the Transformer because it is a powerhouse. Im buying it for its usability.
Im sure the Tegra 3 based tablets will be pretty nice. But Ill likely wait for the Tegra 4 based units to upgrade the Transformer But theres always Christmas and by then I might be looking for a 7 to compliment the 10.
-Suntan05-17-2011 11:38 AM
- 05-17-2011 04:08 PM
- Go to nowinstock.net and you can setup a free account. They'll send you a text or email whenever stock comes available at any of the major retailers (Amazon, Target, Walmart, Newegg, etc.). I signed up for it about a week ago and just missed getting one yesterday from Newegg (although the no refund policy made me hesitate), and this morning got an alert that Target had them in stock. It should be here by Monday, assuming I was quick enough to actually get one of them. But it beats having to check each website individually.05-18-2011 01:15 PM
- 05-19-2011 02:02 AM
- 05-19-2011 11:01 AM
I kinda went overboard and went with next day shipping (call me paranoid) so I should have the device tomorrow!05-19-2011 11:47 AM
My tracking states that I should hopefully get in by Monday.
I'm ready to give my kids my Nook Color and play with some Transformer goodness already.05-19-2011 12:55 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- ASUS EeePad Transformer
Any news on stock?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD