Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Unhappy Any news on stock?

I want this darn tablet but ive been waiting forever and like everyone has noticed they never have in stock anywhere. Has anyone heard any news when Asus is supposed to bake a new batch or when they should be available again?

oh never mind seems that i missed this article http://www.netbooknews.com/24923/asu...blet-shortage/
    Last edited by alexbr91; 05-16-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Me not doing my research properly

200K units coming in June

any idea when in June they'll start arriving?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I haven't seen any specific dates just the June time frame but hopefully soon because I'm getting tired of waiting

supply is definitely getting better. People are able to order from the usually places with deliveries in a few weeks. Amazon.com opened up order taking yesterday the first time since 4/26. Unfortunately they sold out in a few hours. In addition, Amazon and other seem to be shipping orders.

Some stores also have stock on the shelves. The 32 GB unit seem to be the most common one. I picked one up at Fry's on Sunday.

Some places to try. Newegg, Amazon.com, and AmericanTV.

ROM
    MikG 3.1

I have to ask. Is any one else starting to think about waiting until the Q3 or Q4 tablets come out? I'm starting to feel like if I can't get my hands on a Transformer by early next month it'd be worth it to see what the Amazon tablet or some of the new ones running Kal-El look like; especially if what Asus said about all of their future tablets being compatible with the dock is true.

Yes and no. Id always like to have more power/speed. But honestly, I just want to stop having to deal with lugging my laptop around the livingroom. I want to surf the web while reclining back on the couch, I want to sit in the recliner with my son and watch youtube videos (currently we sit at the kitchen table) etc. etc.

Using the Xoom for a week or two showed me that the current Tegra 2 is fast enough for my needs. Browsing the internet is fast enough, the Tegra HD games play really nicely, 720p video plays smoothly, etc.

I not buying the Transformer because it is a powerhouse. Im buying it for its usability.

Im sure the Tegra 3 based tablets will be pretty nice. But Ill likely wait for the Tegra 4 based units to upgrade the Transformer But theres always Christmas and by then I might be looking for a 7 to compliment the 10.

-Suntan
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I haven't seen any specific dates just the June time frame but hopefully soon because I'm getting tired of waiting
    i know im getting tired of waiting as well, i sold my iPad 2 because at the time they had them in stock at my local store but then they ran out ;( sad day.

ROM
    Stock

I cancelled my Amazon order and got the iPad1 instead. So you all can move up a spot.

Doesn't the Galaxy Tab 10.1 come out early June? Like the 8th or 10th? I'd imagine Asus is going to lose a lot of potential customers if they can't beat samsung to MASS availability.

Go to nowinstock.net and you can setup a free account. They'll send you a text or email whenever stock comes available at any of the major retailers (Amazon, Target, Walmart, Newegg, etc.). I signed up for it about a week ago and just missed getting one yesterday from Newegg (although the no refund policy made me hesitate), and this morning got an alert that Target had them in stock. It should be here by Monday, assuming I was quick enough to actually get one of them. But it beats having to check each website individually.

Thanks to nowinstock.net I managed to pick one up at Sears.com earlier this evening. Wow the alarm for Sears just went off again so if anyone wants one it looks like Sears has a few in stock.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nvelez View Post
    Thanks to nowinstock.net I managed to pick one up at Sears.com earlier this evening. Wow the alarm for Sears just went off again so if anyone wants one it looks like Sears has a few in stock.
    yeah i never got an email or txt from nowinstock.net but i just happen to check and saw that sears had them in stock and i finally placed my order
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by nvelez View Post
    I placed the order... still waiting for shipment confirmation.. I've never ordered from their website before... do they give you shipment confirmation? or just that initial email to tell you the order was placed and they're processing it?
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    I placed the order... still waiting for shipment confirmation.. I've never ordered from their website before... do they give you shipment confirmation? or just that initial email to tell you the order was placed and they're processing it?
    And I just got the confirmation!

I kinda went overboard and went with next day shipping (call me paranoid) so I should have the device tomorrow!
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    And I just got the confirmation!

I kinda went overboard and went with next day shipping (call me paranoid) so I should have the device tomorrow!
    I'm now wishing I had gone with next day.
    My tracking states that I should hopefully get in by Monday.
    I'm ready to give my kids my Nook Color and play with some Transformer goodness already.