Back in stock!!!

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You can get better deals on ebay they are going for an extra hundred which I'm starting to consider :(

I went to
2 walmart
2 Staples
2 Best Buy
1 Target
1 BJ's

Tonight to check store stock. at EVERY place but the BJ's, when I asked if they had the "Asus Transformer" they asked if I meant the movie. :confused:

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I went to
2 walmart
2 Staples
2 Best Buy
1 Target
1 BJ's

Tonight to check store stock. at EVERY place but the BJ's, when I asked if they had the "Asus Transformer" they asked if I meant the movie. :confused:

I called today target,walmart and bestbuy. All were clueless but the Target guy was the funny one. I asked for the Asus Transformer. He said uhhh whats that? I said a tablet like the Ipad and the Motorola Xoom. He said oh we have the Acer Are-coh-nee-uh (how he pronounced it) and the Motorola X-o-o-m not sure how you say that one... I'm getting pissed with this waiting game. Especially since I thought I already had one coming from Target.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of confusion on how Amazon operates. Amazon.com is a web site that sells products from many etailers. This can be Target, JoesCheapcomputers, etc. One of these etailers is Amazon.com, LLC which is the preferred etailer for the Amazon.com website. However, if Amazon.com, LLC does not stock the item, or have the item in stock, the website selects another etailer. Thus on a high demand item like the Transformer one buyer may see an item sold at $399 from Amazon,com, LLC, another buyer may see item for $399 from Target.com, and a 3rd buyer may see it for $599 from JoesCheapComputers.com.

The difference go beyond the prices also. Amazon.com is very protective of Amazon.com, LLC's no-tax status; to the point they have terminated relationships with associates in certain states that have demanded that taxes be collected. Also, all items sold through Amazon.com, LLC to Amazon Prime members have free 2 day shipping. Only some items and some etailers provide free 2-day shipping.

The result is different prices. For example, when a 16GB transformer is sold from Amazon.com, LLC the price is $399 +$0 tax + $0 shipping for Prime members = $399. Through Target the price is $399 + (399 * your state's tax rate) + $14.95 shipping (I think) = up to $455. Through JoesCheapComputers.com the price is $599 + (599 * your state's tax rate) + $19.95 shipping = up to $670.

I hope this clears up the differences in prices for the same item.

Jerry

Reactions: Pr3mier

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It's 50% fatter, in addition to being somewhat heavier...and yes, most folks would notice that difference.

While the TF is a bit thicker in the center, no one actually holds it there. On the sides, where its actually held, its only 9mm or. 35"

Sent from my HTC Eva 4G using Tapatalk

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I snagged an order into sears early this morning when it said they were available. Got confirmation email, not an email that it had been shipped (yet)

Remaining hopeful.

drudawg

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I snagged an order into sears early this morning when it said they were available. Got confirmation email, not an email that it had been shipped (yet)

Remaining hopeful.

Did the same and just got my tracking number from Sears. Should be here by 5/24!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just purchased one on eBay for an extra $60 I just couldn't wait anymore :( The good news for all of you now that I paid extra a huge stock will arrive with my luck :p It's going out today and should be in my hands early next week.

laurencejk

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I didnt see the point of buying off ebay. One of the big plusses of this tablet is its price. If you remove that then its only the keyboard dock that makes a difference between this and the new 10.1 tab

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Just grabbed a 32GB from NewEgg for $499 so I'm stoked.

I'm really glad I held out and didn't get the Xoom. This sounds like the tablet to have right now.

I'm hoping 3.1 comes the earlier part on June for this. It comes with some nice improvements.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kareden

Delecron

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

I'm really glad I held out and didn't get the Xoom. This sounds like the tablet to have right now.

I'm hoping 3.1 comes the earlier part on June for this. It comes with some nice improvements.

After you said that I looked at it. I would much rather buy from Newegg since they don't charge sales tax in NY and ship from NJ. I ended up paying 440ish for the 16gb with shipping, this would have made more sense but did you see the return policy? No returns, only like product exchanges. My Iconia didn't bowl me over like I had hoped so I'm praying the keyboard makes the difference so I can dump my iPad and 3g plan.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I Am Transformed

After seeing your post, I also went to Newegg Saturday morning and was shocked that they were still in stock. I ordered my 32gb from them. I got an e-mail from them on Sunday saying that my order was processed (pleasantly surprised that they would be filling orders on a Sunday). Another post said the Newegg return policy wasn't exactly the best, but I have my fingers crossed that I get one of those perfectly working tablets...Really looking forward to getting this tab. Now the hunt for the keyboard is on! :)

mact

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Target also had (in Sunday ad flier) what looked like a tablet pc from a decade ago. I realize many youngsters might not recall them. Like a notebook but the screen flips over to be the lid when closed and you have a touch sensitive "screen"

My doctor uses one for his patient records. Really quite cool.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I always try to buy where I can return the item for a refund. I also ordered from Best Buy because I can just return the item to the store if need be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude