Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Just FYI, it shows as being sold by Target so you'll pay shipping and taxes. Although that may mean little compared to just being able to order it...

-Suntan

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

OOS! I wish it didn't hesitate... buy now think later right? haha

Edit: Target.com HAD it in stock too. I tried to checkout from both websites haha
    Last edited by googly; 05-18-2011 at 12:05 PM.

I believe I was fast enough to get one ordered, now I'm just holding my breath waiting for the shipping email.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Went through the purchase process with Target until they tacked on $46 in taxes. I can wait.
    Jim Ayers
    Recovering Crackberry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Yep, that's what held me back. Taxes. I have one on backorder from B&H free shipping and no tax, but who knows when they will have it in stock. I was going to just buy one from target and use it now. Then when the BH order comes in, use that for a Target return.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Am I missing something? Those prices start at $525 and go up to $580.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

darn it, they sell so fast.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Just purchased a 32g at walmart. Both 32g and 16g are in. For now.

Using nowinstock.net
    Jim Ayers

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Using nowinstock.net
    Jim Ayers

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimA View Post

Using nowinstock.net
    saddest day of my life, i saw ur reply right away and i rushed to get it. It was in my cart and i was about to check out when i click on paypal it said it was no longer in stock.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Try nowinstock.net but don't wait for the notification. Just keep one eye on it. They're coming in two or three at a time every where it seems.
    Jim Ayers
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

yes I've been trying nowinstock.net but it seems that the competition is just 2 good and beats me every time lol

Just finished ordering from walmart.com let's see if it actually ships. Supposed to get it by Monday according to their email but no tracking info yet...

The problem with Walmart.com, Target.com, and Sears.com was that I wasn't willing to pay the extra $40-$50 for tax. My patience paid off and finally received mine from Amazon yesterday. Spent like 8 hours on it last night! Had the dock already from buy.com/Tigerdirect, so I was good to go! love it!
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

IT's supposed to be 400, why is amazon selling it for $550. I'm not paying a 150 premium to get it a few weeks early.
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    IT's supposed to be 400, why is amazon selling it for $550. I'm not paying a 150 premium to get it a few weeks early.
    "Ships from and sold by Eastern Markets."

and right over the "Add to Cart" button:

In Stock. Sold by Eastern Markets
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

I understand it's a third party retailer. Still doesn't answer the question as to why it's so much more.

(or why they're selling the dock for 400+, or the pair for 900)
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

You can get better deals on ebay they are going for an extra hundred which I'm starting to consider

Wow...looks like I am competing against all of you folks.

No biggie, I can wait. I was expecting to go with the new Galaxy Pad 10.1, so that wasn't going to be available for weeks...but once I learned about the lack of an SD card slot, I started looking around...and wow, this Transformer looks like a great deal. Looks much fatter, but still not too bad...and nice ports and dock option.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Looks much fatter, but still not too bad...
    .51 vs. .33 is a lot fatter? That's 1/8th of an inch difference.
    Jim Ayers
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    You can get better deals on ebay they are going for an extra hundred which I'm starting to consider
    I went to
    2 walmart
    2 Staples
    2 Best Buy
    1 Target
    1 BJ's

Tonight to check store stock. at EVERY place but the BJ's, when I asked if they had the "Asus Transformer" they asked if I meant the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JimA View Post
    .51 vs. .33 is a lot fatter? That's 1/8th of an inch difference.
    It's 50% fatter, in addition to being somewhat heavier...and yes, most folks would notice that difference.

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    I went to
    2 walmart
    2 Staples
    2 Best Buy
    1 Target
    1 BJ's

Tonight to check store stock. at EVERY place but the BJ's, when I asked if they had the "Asus Transformer" they asked if I meant the movie.
    I called today target,walmart and bestbuy. All were clueless but the Target guy was the funny one. I asked for the Asus Transformer. He said uhhh whats that? I said a tablet like the Ipad and the Motorola Xoom. He said oh we have the Acer Are-coh-nee-uh (how he pronounced it) and the Motorola X-o-o-m not sure how you say that one... I'm getting pissed with this waiting game. Especially since I thought I already had one coming from Target.
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    HTC Thunderbolt- for sale
    Motorola Droid 2- Retired
    Blackberry Storm 2- Retired
    Blackberry Storm- Retired

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how Amazon operates. Amazon.com is a web site that sells products from many etailers. This can be Target, JoesCheapcomputers, etc. One of these etailers is Amazon.com, LLC which is the preferred etailer for the Amazon.com website. However, if Amazon.com, LLC does not stock the item, or have the item in stock, the website selects another etailer. Thus on a high demand item like the Transformer one buyer may see an item sold at $399 from Amazon,com, LLC, another buyer may see item for $399 from Target.com, and a 3rd buyer may see it for $599 from JoesCheapComputers.com.

The difference go beyond the prices also. Amazon.com is very protective of Amazon.com, LLC's no-tax status; to the point they have terminated relationships with associates in certain states that have demanded that taxes be collected. Also, all items sold through Amazon.com, LLC to Amazon Prime members have free 2 day shipping. Only some items and some etailers provide free 2-day shipping.

The result is different prices. For example, when a 16GB transformer is sold from Amazon.com, LLC the price is $399 +$0 tax + $0 shipping for Prime members = $399. Through Target the price is $399 + (399 * your state's tax rate) + $14.95 shipping (I think) = up to $455. Through JoesCheapComputers.com the price is $599 + (599 * your state's tax rate) + $19.95 shipping = up to $670.

I hope this clears up the differences in prices for the same item.

Jerry
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast