I have read that some people can watch HBO Go..

JesterOC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I have read that some people can watch HBO Go on their transformer via the web site.

I have problems doing so. First of all most of the time I can't enter in my password without bringing the TF vertical (the text boxes are unresponsive). After I get through with that, the display is small and has a lot of hicups.

Anyone have tips on ensuring the smooth playback that I have heard some people experience?

JesterOC

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it, the pop-up windows for logging in doesn't let you select the text box.

I have read that some people can watch HBO Go on their transformer via the web site.

I have problems doing so. First of all most of the time I can't enter in my password without bringing the TF vertical (the text boxes are unresponsive). After I get through with that, the display is small and has a lot of hicups.

Anyone have tips on ensuring the smooth playback that I have heard some people experience?

JesterOC

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Works fine for me in the default browser (HC 3.1) and I have no problem logging in with the TF held horizontally (landscape). Also plays full screen with occasional buffering (I have a relatively slow DSL connection).

EDIT: Do you have your browser user agent string set to "Desktop" (Settings>Advanced)? If it's set to "Mobile-phone" or "Tablet" that might cause issues with the log in box.

Last edited:

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get this to work on mine. I have att so after downloading app, it states "doesn't work, . ." and gives
force close as choice.
Tried going thru stock browswer and won't allow box to sign in.

So can one of you outline how to use, sign in, etc.? This would be greatly appreciated and I will push the Thanks button.

vdpluijm

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Works with stock browser on TF (A3.1) after signing up through cable provider account. Make sure browser is set to "desktop" and keyboard to "ASUS"; otherwise connection and input won't work.

Reactions: nmoreman

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Still stuck - HBO Go only downloads to Android phones, says not compatible for my device.

So went to browser, using Dolphin (also have stock which I do NOT like and Opera Mini), when I go to website, doesn't allow me to tap on ATT. I have done this on my phone and computer, so I know it does work as well as the Ipad I just got rid of to get TF and loving it!!!!!!!!!! Talk about not looking back . .

So I guess I am missing something . . And I will push the Thanks button!!

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Got it, it works - THANKS and pushed both your buttons. I didn't know settings could make a difference, acctually didn't know they existed and still don't know why the Desktop works or if it affects anything else.

I think I will set Dolphin on Desktop and Mini on normal, that way if I try something else that doesn't seem to work, I can download it on the other to see what affects it might have on opening down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12