Light bleed?

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine has some pretty bad light bleed in two spots along the bottom of the display to the right of the center. Attached is a picture. Debating if I want to return it for another. It kinda bothers me :(

That's about as bad as mine. I plan on returning mine as soon as BestBuy or Frys or wherever actually has them in store so i can make sure it won't occur again.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It seems like almost everyone having this problem some people less some more. I'm getting my TF today its out for delivery now... If its going to be that bad i might have to return the unit for refund and get Acer iconia or maybe even wait for samsung galaxy tab... Whats the point in having a beautiful IPS display if it has such defect...

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Will the light bleed grow worse or stay where it is? I can live with the current bleed.

Mine seems to have decreased over time. Or perhaps I just quit looking for the problem. Eiher way the bleed is not an issue for me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems like almost everyone having this problem some people less some more. I'm getting my TF today its out for delivery now... If its going to be that bad i might have to return the unit for refund and get Acer iconia or maybe even wait for samsung galaxy tab... Whats the point in having a beautiful IPS display if it has such defect...

I think if Asus gets enough returns they will eventually ship the TF with a better display but in all reality and sad but true, what can you expect for the price? This is common on IPS displays and even the almighty ipad2 are all plagued with this light bleed. I say take it for what it's worth. Some are better then others but if i got one without any dead or lit pixel and a nice quality controlled build the light bleed would be a warm welcome.

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I think if Asus gets enough returns they will eventually ship the TF with a better display but in all reality and sad but true, what can you expect for the price? This is common on IPS displays and even the almighty ipad2 are all plagued with this light bleed. I say take it for what it's worth. Some are better then others but if i got one without any dead or lit pixel and a nice quality controlled build the light bleed would be a warm welcome.

Yes you're right. I specifically searched google for keywords "ipad 2 light bleed" and found a couple threads on this subject.. But I also understand that Asus is somewhere in budget tabs category while still having awesome specs, so if my tab will have this issue but it won't bother me much I'll keep it.. all other alternatives are like $200 more..... thats waaaaay too much....

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my tablet, I guess I'm among the lucky ones cuz to see a light bleed I literally had to go inside the closet and only then I did notice very faint light spots in like two or three places. but its so so faint that if didnt know this issue exists I'd never even notice it in any lighting conditions...
on a side note it does feel a little plasticky and somewhat cheap, also i did notice that screen responsiveness to taps is a little slow at times..

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
on a side note it does feel a little plasticky and somewhat cheap, also i did notice that screen responsiveness to taps is a little slow at times..

Let me know how that goes for you after a couple days. If it gets frustrating, post about it, because I may just forget about the tablet and sell my unopened keyboard dock in that case. Too many issues with these things, unresponsiveness and light bleeds are the big two. Those are pretty important areas.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how that goes for you after a couple days. If it gets frustrating, post about it, because I may just forget about the tablet and sell my unopened keyboard dock in that case. Too many issues with these things, unresponsiveness and light bleeds are the big two. Those are pretty important areas.

Well you know it's been almost 3 hours since I got the device and I am playing with it nonstop... so i can tell you my initial impressions already... while I have no dreaded light bleeds I did however notice a few things that I don't like.... the screen unresponsiveness its really annoying, i am used to immediate touch screen responces on my Atrix even with the slightest touch... here, on Asus i found myself tapping twice or even four times on icons/options etc.. and it seems to be sporadic, sometimes first tap works sometimes not... like i said.. its annoying another big dissapointment is browser embedded flash videos,.... this thing almost (well not almost but at all actually) doesnt play 720p embedded videos.. it just laaaags.. so horribly lags... it does play 480p videos fine but while they look fine on my Atrix's 4 inch screen, here on Asus they look horribly pixelated.. i just tried to play HQ video on youtube application itself.. it lags too.. So let me put it this way: when there is too much adobe flash content on the page banners/videos etc. things like pinch to zoom opening options and even switching to home screen is a pain.. And its really surprising as much as disappointing because my Atrix has the same hardware and whatever i do on it is super smooth (it even manages 720p flash vids much better than here though they do still lag...) So I haven't decided yet what to do i will play with it for another day or two maybe and see... but i might put it on ebay for sale eventually.. not liking the experience at all....

Kodros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Everything you just mentioned though seems like it is a problem with Honeycomb in general, not the device. I remember hearing those complaints with the Xoom also.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Everything you just mentioned though seems like it is a problem with Honeycomb in general, not the device. I remember hearing those complaints with the Xoom also.

yes that's what I think too because like i said all those things work perfectly on my Atrix. Except for the IPS dispay, i think touch unresponsiveness is actually a hardware problem here.. Would you suggest waiting for honeycomb 3.1 or just sell the device? I really like the form factor and... well... what else..... hmm thats about it lol haha

Edit:
this is a small thread i found about screen being unresponsive http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...en-not-responding-touch-asus-transformer.html
I havent had that happen yet but who knows...

Last edited:

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Trevalkin, you really discouraged me from buying the transformer, but thats a good thing, cause i really want to wait it out for tegra 3

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Trevalkin, you really discouraged me from buying the transformer, but thats a good thing, cause i really want to wait it out for tegra 3

well yeah I guess I shouldn't be sorry for that LOL I'll be selling it on ebay most likely.. i just tried to watch raywilliamjohnson directly from youtube app in HQ and its unwatchable,, but when you turn off the HQ the video quality is pathetic....

Kodros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a tablet yet so I don't know much about YouTube on it, but when viewing the HD video, are you viewing it at full screen? Not sure if you should wait for the update or not. No idea if it will fix anything.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I havent noticed any input lag on the xoom. and i definitely dont hear as much complaint about input lag on xoom as i do on transformer.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a tablet yet so I don't know much about YouTube on it, but when viewing the HD video, are you viewing it at full screen? Not sure if you should wait for the update or not. No idea if it will fix anything.

it performs the same way in full screen and not in full

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11