Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default Light bleed?

Anyone have light bleed issues?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Mine has some light bleed but I haven't noticed it other than during the initial boot up so I'm fine with it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n25philly View Post
    Mine has some light bleed but I haven't noticed it other than during the initial boot up so I'm fine with it.
    I am haveing some pretty bad light bleed at the bottom very noticeable

Yeah, there are two other threads about this. It's a known/common issue with the Transformer tablet. I have it at the bottom of the screen (when in landscape mode), but it doesn't bother me too much.

I've got three slight bleeds but not bad enough to warrant trying to replace it.

Mine is perfect. Not even a single dot.

Nothing noticeable here, yet.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not a speck of light bleed here.

I think a few people in this thread don't know what "light bleed" is.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post
    I think a few people in this thread don't know what "light bleed" is.
    Perhaps you could enlighten "them"...
    sonoio likes this.

I find this very hard to believe that some of the users are not experiencing light bleed especially from the Asus TF. I guess what they don't know won't kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdroid View Post
    I find this very hard to believe that some of the users are not experiencing light bleed especially from the Asus TF. I guess what they don't know won't kill them.
    Or it's just possible that some people did not get a unit with that problem. It is, afterall, an electronic device that is mass produced.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdroid View Post
    I also have a Toyota that doesn't take off on it's own.

I have light bleed in the bottom left and right corners. Very noticeable at boot, but not bothersome enough that I would want to replace it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    "I find that hard to believe" that it doesn't take off on it's own! They all do it! Right? lol

Sorry but all IPS have the most issues with light bleed, some more some less but never zero. Again, what they don't know won't kill them, but this is not true in the case for Toyota.

Well I stand corrected!

IF I go into a closet AND turn off the lights AND reboot my TF I do see a small amount of light bleed at the bottom when looking for it. I guess you folks are right and I am just glad I don't stand in a dark closet all day rebooting my TF

I am just overall lucky, or ignorant, because neither of my Priuses (or is it priusi?) or my Lexus have taken off by themselves either
    Last edited by antacus; 05-23-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antacus View Post
    Well I stand corrected!

IF I go into a closet AND turn off the lights AND reboot my TF I do see a small amount of light bleed at the bottom when looking for it. I guess you folks are right and I am just glad I don't stand in a dark closet all day rebooting my TF

I am just overall lucky, or ignorant, because neither of my Priuses (or is it priusi?) or my Lexus have taken off by themselves either
    OK cool, now you can come out of the closet.
    johndball likes this.

ROM

Default Light bleed

I too am experiencing light bleed. Got a couple dime size ones and quarter size bleed on bottom and a dime sized bleed on the right side. It gets worse if a torque the device (obviously). I'm planning on returning it for a new one. I'm just worried that they won't get them back in stock soon enough at best buy (32gb).
    Thanked by:

Mine has some pretty bad light bleed in two spots along the bottom of the display to the right of the center. Attached is a picture. Debating if I want to return it for another. It kinda bothers me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light bleed?-img_20110.jpg  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by pixelbat View Post
    Mine has some pretty bad light bleed in two spots along the bottom of the display to the right of the center. Attached is a picture. Debating if I want to return it for another. It kinda bothers me
    That's about as bad as mine. I plan on returning mine as soon as BestBuy or Frys or wherever actually has them in store so i can make sure it won't occur again.

Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

LMAO!

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Will the light bleed grow worse or stay where it is? I can live with the current bleed.
    Jim Ayers
    Recovering Crackberry Abuser

It seems like almost everyone having this problem some people less some more. I'm getting my TF today its out for delivery now... If its going to be that bad i might have to return the unit for refund and get Acer iconia or maybe even wait for samsung galaxy tab... Whats the point in having a beautiful IPS display if it has such defect...

Quote Originally Posted by JimA View Post
    Will the light bleed grow worse or stay where it is? I can live with the current bleed.
    Mine seems to have decreased over time. Or perhaps I just quit looking for the problem. Eiher way the bleed is not an issue for me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast