Do you think the KB docking station will be universally used in future E tablets?

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
SO that all the upgraded Eee tbalets can use the station?

If so, they would have to make transformer 2 also brown and same size.

What you think?

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Can't answer that question directly, but Asus DID say that the current KB dock would be compatible with all future Transformers. Would be useful if somebody has a citation for that.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I would say the idea of it probably. But the exact KB probably not. Definitely for future TM's, but it would be too limiting to not only tie the specifications of the KB to other models but the design as well. I just think it would be too limiting.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would say the idea of it probably. But the exact KB probably not. Definitely for future TM's, but it would be too limiting to not only tie the specifications of the KB to other models but the design as well. I just think it would be too limiting.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I disagree; Apple have used the same proprietary dock on lots of stuff for donkeys years.

J

benb70

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I disagree; Apple have used the same proprietary dock on lots of stuff for donkeys years.

J

Apple uses the same proprietary connector for data syncing/charging for all devices, but each dock is different. If you get something like an iHome, you get a separate insert for each iPod/iPhone. The point this thread is discussing is whether the Transformer's keyboard dock will be usable with future tablets. The proprietary connector that is used to charge the Transformer probably will stay the same, as Apple has done with their's.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Apple uses the same proprietary connector for data syncing/charging for all devices, but each dock is different. If you get something like an iHome, you get a separate insert for each iPod/iPhone. The point this thread is discussing is whether the Transformer's keyboard dock will be usable with future tablets. The proprietary connector that is used to charge the Transformer probably will stay the same, as Apple has done with their's.

Apple also changed the pin assignments which made the older periperals not work with the newer devices.

SM0k3

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, but I do know it would be kind of odd having a larger sized tablet docked on a small keyboard especially when you fold it up to transport it.

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
They would be smart to do it, but they have no incentive to make it universal. I agree the port itself may not change. but unless a TF 2 used the same form factor, just new guts. i dont see it happening