Netflix on the Tranformer - Anyone got it working yet?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my Transformer today, but have been playing with Android for a little while now. I was just wondering as the title suggests if anyone has Netflix kicking on this beautiful screen yet?

If not would someone try all three APK installs listed here:

[APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

There are 3 versions - stock, no device check, and mod 2

I was able to use no device check on some Droid 2's and Droid X's of family and friends, but none of the 3 work for streaming on my Samsung Fascinate - they do work as a great queue manager, but those apps have been out for a while now.

Let me know what you come up with and thanks. I will try these myself in about 3-5 days when my new tablet arrives!

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
Yup, same here. Tried all three, and no go. Well at least I can update my Queue. LOL. I actually find it better to update my queue using the Movie app. I can browse through the new release DVDs and just add it to my queue.

itslame

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Splashtop can be used over 3G, you just need to know the local ip and have port forwarding (if applicable)

...personally, I prefer using Netflix via Playon. It's less laggy for me.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Been looking at play on but I hate the idea of paying twice for my Netflix. Guess I will have to try the port forwarding shenanigans ( farva gets pistol whipped)

itslame

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Been looking at play on but I hate the idea of paying twice for my Netflix. Guess I will have to try the port forwarding shenanigans ( farva gets pistol whipped)

Remote desktops are the cheaper way to go. I, unfortunately, am a need it now guy. Quality and lag were worth the price, LOL!

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
YEa I tried the no-dev check and all worked fine till you tried to stream and then it said something about not being able to reach Netflix's servers, even though my NookColor was sitting right next to it streaming fine.

xelf

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a gtablet and a transformer. Both are 10.1" tegra 2 android tablets, but netflix works on my gtablet and not my transformer. I'm sure that netflix will work soon. Can't say I'm being very patient about it though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2