Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Asus Desktop software

Anybody have problems installing this ? Running Win 7 32 bit, try to install as Admin and keep getting "Internet Error". On the net, no proxy or anything. Help

i installed on Vista 64-bit and had no problems whatsoever.

Did you turn off (temporarily) your virus software?
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

+1 on turning off antivirus, shut off firewall TEMPORARILY too for good measure

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What exactly is the purpose of this desktop software you speak of?

Where can it be downloaded?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    What exactly is the purpose of this desktop software you speak of?

Where can it be downloaded?

thanks in advance
    It allows you to see and control your desktop from anywhere you have an Internet connection.

If you don't want to install the Asus software or are having issues installing it, you can always get the remote desktop streamer from the splashtop website. This is what the Asus software runs and it allows you to connect to it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by ocyrus99 View Post
    If you don't want to install the Asus software or are having issues installing it, you can always get the remote desktop streamer from the splashtop website. This is what the Asus software runs and it allows you to connect to it the same way.
    Did this and it worked both on my mac and pc.

I had the same problem installing on Vista 32-bit. There is a fix over in xda forums found here: [Q] Couldn't install the PC Suite - Page 2 - xda-developers
    It's basically a direct download for the software and not a mirror site. The download link is: dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/Utility/SplashtopRemote_Win_v1.3.7.2.EXE

W00T! Great find. $1.99 spent. Just put it on my mac. Now just to configure the VPN on the tablet , and have fullaccess to my desktop while traveling? Well worth $1.99! Last gap closed... IF can find a blasted keyboard. Grr.
    Vincent
    My first sci-fi novel is out and its free Details : The Enemy of an Enemy
    I just released my second novel! Details: The Academy

Asus 16GB Transformer + Dock - W00T! - Not Rooted
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Found that link also, everything good now. Bot keyboard and I am in lust with this device !!!!

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    W00T! Great find. $1.99 spent. Just put it on my mac. Now just to configure the VPN on the tablet , and have fullaccess to my desktop while traveling? Well worth $1.99! Last gap closed... IF can find a blasted keyboard. Grr.
    You don't need to spend the $1.99 for Splashtop desktop.. You just install the freebie onto your desktop then use the Asus MyCloud, and it'll find your desktop. It's the same client as Splashtop, but branded with Asus, and bundled into their app. Better yet, it's free..

I installed the Splashtop desktop client and used the MyCloud and it works great.. $.0 spent.

opps
    Vincent
    My first sci-fi novel is out and its free Details : The Enemy of an Enemy
    I just released my second novel! Details: The Academy

Asus 16GB Transformer + Dock - W00T! - Not Rooted
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted

I've loaded the software and drivers, but evertime I connect via USB cable, the ASUS Synch software says my device cannot be found- any ideas
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

When you have it connected, tap on the alert on your transformer that mentions Sync. You have to start it from the Transformer I think.

Sent from Bumblebee aka my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk