Laptop replacement?

Rawkit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I'm looking to get a laptop replacement sometime soon, I only get an hour's worth of life on the battery of my current one and it's nearing its 7th bday so I think it's time for an upgrade.

The majority of use would come from taking notes and reading powerpoints and online articles. Is there a pretty seamless way of doing this in android or will I find a lot of bugs? Will I miss the ability to alt-tab between windows to copy text from an article and paste it into a note-taking app?

I really love my android phone and the stellar battery life of the tablet+keyboard has me really considering this route. But if I will be hindered too much in my ultimate goal I think I will wait for the OS to mature a little more and stick with a traditional laptop/netbook.

benb70

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Honeycomb has some great new features. Copy/paste/selecting text is great, very easy to use. The Transformer comes with Polaris Office, which has a PowerPoint-esque program. It saves in .ppt format, so it's perfectly compatible with Microsoft Office. The browser is great, it has true tabbed browsing. It's almost a carbon copy of Chrome on a laptop/desktop. As for notetaking, if you want to do anything other than typing, it will take some getting used to. To my knowledge, there's no app that seamlessly lets you switch between handwriting and typing, although there are apps that let you do both. The battery life is amazing. I use mine pretty heavily (8-9) hours a day, and still have plenty of charge left at the end of the day (I have the keyboard dock too). Even watching full-length movies doesn't drain the battery like on a laptop. Hope this helps you make your decision.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane