Transformer 3.1 update. Here it is.

clink

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is the 3.1 update.zip for the Transformer.

File removed per ASUS' request - Phil

To flash,

1. Extract EP101_SDUPDATE.zip from the above .tar file
  2. Place it on your SD card
  3. Make sure the Transformer is plugged in or has at least a 50% battery charge.
  4. Power off
  5. Press the volume down key and power key at the same time and continue to depress both until you notice a ROM Boot screen that advises you to press the volume up key within 5 seconds to start the ROM update process.
  6. Press the volume up key and the unit will update and reboot. It should take about 3~5 minutes
  7. After a reboot, a user notification should arrive in five minutes or so that the docking station has a firmware update available to version 0209. Please follow the instructions and update the docking station and then complete another reboot. The 0209 firmware offers improved typing speeds, mouse tracking and USB compatibility.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok so:

The available time for upgrade is really short. how it works is you follow the instructions above, but when the upgrade screen appears you have 5 seconds to hold down the Volume up.

If you delay too long, it will skip past this part and offer to do a factory reset for you and this will NOT install the update.. that's what I did the first time :(

The good news is, if you hit the update on time, it WILL NOT wipe your data. Still trying to test it out.

Reactions: biggiephat#AC

SM0k3

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Update went smooth without a hitch. Loving the overall increased speed of the OS, I can Actually leave flash enabled now and have a good browsing experience :)

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
worked for me too! One thing though - can't resize asus widgets - wonder if this isn't an eariler version. Can only resize gmail widget and google widgets.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Do I have to place this on a SD card or can I just put it on the internal storage?

You'll need to put it on an SD card. When the device reboots it won't have access to the internet. And remember, you're sideloading the update, so you can't use the normal "install from internal memory option."

The update is pretty small. a 1 gig card would do. I used my old 2gb from my old feature phone.

notmebug

Banned
Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Noob question.
Im in sweden and have the HRI66.WW_epad.8.2.3.13. Can i use this update too?

im also on the ww-firmware. if you put a folder on MicroSD named ASUS and inside another one Named Update and put the update in with the following name: WW_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip - then remove the microsd card and put it back in your tablet -> your tablet will recognize it and show the exclamation mark. but i'm too scared ^^

if you wanna try, just let me know