- 48 Posts
Transformer 3.1 update. Here it is.
Here is the 3.1 update.zip for the Transformer.
File removed per ASUS' request - Phil
- Extract EP101_SDUPDATE.zip from the above .tar file
- Place it on your SD card
- Make sure the Transformer is plugged in or has at least a 50% battery charge.
- Power off
- Press the volume down key and power key at the same time and continue to depress both until you notice a ROM Boot screen that advises you to press the volume up key within 5 seconds to start the ROM update process.
- Press the volume up key and the unit will update and reboot. It should take about 3~5 minutes
- After a reboot, a user notification should arrive in five minutes or so that the docking station has a firmware update available to version 0209. Please follow the instructions and update the docking station and then complete another reboot. The 0209 firmware offers improved typing speeds, mouse tracking and USB compatibility.
- 05-28-2011, 01:48 PM #2
- 05-28-2011, 02:07 PM #3
- 05-28-2011, 02:43 PM #4
- 05-28-2011, 02:47 PM #5
- 05-28-2011, 03:18 PM #6
- 05-28-2011, 03:20 PM #7
- 05-28-2011, 03:31 PM #8
- 05-28-2011, 03:33 PM #9
The available time for upgrade is really short. how it works is you follow the instructions above, but when the upgrade screen appears you have 5 seconds to hold down the Volume up.
If you delay too long, it will skip past this part and offer to do a factory reset for you and this will NOT install the update.. that's what I did the first time
The good news is, if you hit the update on time, it WILL NOT wipe your data. Still trying to test it out.
- 05-28-2011, 03:44 PM #10
- 05-28-2011, 04:12 PM #11
- 05-28-2011, 04:13 PM #12
- 05-28-2011, 04:48 PM #13
- 05-28-2011, 04:49 PM #14
The update is pretty small. a 1 gig card would do. I used my old 2gb from my old feature phone.
- 05-28-2011, 04:54 PM #15
- 05-28-2011, 04:58 PM #16
- 05-28-2011, 05:01 PM #17
- 05-28-2011, 05:02 PM #18
ren decompressed .zip from tarball to US_epad-user-126.96.36.199.zip
insert MicroSDHC in TF101
Look for alert showing system update detected.
No hard resets, or system bootloader tricks. Just Update from Honeycomb
Of course make sure you are at 50% still.
- 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM #19
if you wanna try, just let me know
- 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM #20
- 05-28-2011, 05:07 PM #21
- 05-28-2011, 05:08 PM #22
- 05-28-2011, 05:10 PM #23
- 05-28-2011, 05:20 PM #24
- 05-28-2011, 06:10 PM #25