Touchscreen not responsive:

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So anyone figure out a fix for this yet? My tablet was left on for a while and then when I came back it wouldn't come up from sleep. I went head and held the power button down for a bit and rebooted the system... but when it came back up the touchscreen is not responding to touch anymore.

It doesn't seem like a Google search is coming up with anything other then "I kept rebooting the tablet and then it randomly worked again" or whatever. I'm running stock everything and I'd love to get my tablet up and running again.

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I called Support and they said that they are aware of the issue and that "hopefully" the new firmware tomorrow (Gingerbread 3.1) will fix it. I reminded him that I can't initate a firmware update without touch support and yah... sigh.

He suggested an RMA but I think it'll just be easier for me to just return it to Best Buy tomorrow or whenever I have the time to do it.

I love the device but this put a little damper on the whole parade. I will definitely get another one (if Best Buy has any in the store I'll just do an exchange) but geeze, this sucks.

aleis

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
to to take out the memory if u have one...then hold the power for 20-30 seconds (count them). if that doesnt work plug it up for an hour. then unplug and hold the power for 20-30 seconds. MAKE SURE U ARE PUSHING THE POWER BUTTON.

anon(341285)

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with the touchscreen not responding. What I did to solve the problem was to boot to recovery (power on + down volume) and leave it sit in that mode till the battery completely died.

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yah, I'm not doing that after two days of not being to use my tablet and doing all sorts of stuff. Nothing has worked... and wiping my user data was the last straw. I love the product, but I'm gonna wait until Amazon has it so it's cheaper for me in the long run (unless Best Buy has them in stock at my local store today, then I'll just do an exchange), but it's gonna get returned today.

I'm so bummed to because I really like it... but I'll save myself some $40 or so if I just return it and wait for Amazon to get some in stock again.

kktk

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue as well, and resetting to stock or power booting the device didnt help.
I had to let the battery run down completely and then rebooted it....seems to be working fine now.

It apparently was happening on tabs that were updated without the keyboard dock?
And also after a long hibernation...I believe.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the issue a couple of times. Turning it offthen on (press power for a second then tap "yes" to turn off.

Of course once the screen becomes unresponsive, you need thekeyboard dock to select the "yes" button.

-Suntan

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, returned to Best Buy today... and then just now Newegg sent me a notificiation that they have the dock in stock... DOH.

Oh well, purchased the Dock and now just waiting for either Newegg or Amazon to get the tablet in stock again.

marlar

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with the touchscreen not responding. What I did to solve the problem was to boot to recovery (power on + down volume) and leave it sit in that mode till the battery completely died.

I did that, booted into recovery, and and let it stay there overnight.

Now the battery is dead. It has been charging for two days and still shows the red "empty battery" icon.

Is there any fix for that?

SOLVED:

I read somewhere that to fix a dead battery, you sometimes need a smaller charger to trickle charge it in order to revive the battery. Quite counter intuitive, but it worked. It's alive again, but the touch screen is still not working though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton