Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally got my Dock...have a question

Should the dock and tablet be this heavy together. This thing is heavier than a 17" notebook.
    Wow....My Asus tablet just Transformed into a netbook right before my eyes!

Well, it's not quite as heavy as my Dell 17" XPS laptop... I don't think the Transformer and Dock together weigh as much as the power brick for that sucker! That being said, the Dock does add quite a bit of weight, but it contains extra battery, keyboard, 2 USB & 1 SD card slots, so you would expect a certain amount of weight... I find it works well to hold it upright when I watch videos, games, etc. If I want the extra portability, it comes apart easy enough.

And as to whether it should be this heavy together - simple test... Weigh the Transformer. Then weigh the Dock. Add the weights. Weigh them both together. If both weights are the same, then, yes they should be that heavy together... LOL (sorry, couldn't help it...)

Also, the dock needed to be heavy anyway, or the whole thing would just tip over!

I find that it's lovely solid compact weight. It's never going to fall out of my bag.
    J

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCatcher View Post
    And as to whether it should be this heavy together - simple test... Weigh the Transformer. Then weigh the Dock. Add the weights. Weigh them both together. If both weights are the same, then, yes they should be that heavy together... LOL (sorry, couldn't help it...)
    You sir, win.
    Vincent
    My first sci-fi novel is out and its free Details : The Enemy of an Enemy
    I just released my second novel! Details: The Academy

Asus 16GB Transformer + Dock - W00T! - Not Rooted
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted

The combo is lighter than the 10" Asus netbook that my wife and daugter have.

must be some POS 17" notebook. The combo for me is lighter than all the various 10-12" laptops I've had except for the Latitude E4200. Then again, the e4200 doesn't have a glass touch screen or all that juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeplaya View Post
    Should the dock and tablet be this heavy together. This thing is heavier than a 17" notebook.
    S4 user on Sprint with way too many backup phones (Spare S4, Epic, Evo Shift).