asus transformer 3.1

chawheefitzy@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
hey guys just got my transformer in the mail today opened checked for update and says no update available and i am on version 3.0.1 is there a reason why i have not gotten it ota??

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
just keep checking, it's not guaranteed that you get it the first day. the OTA will automatically download once you have a wifi connection. a notification will popup letting you know it's been downloaded and ready to install.

give it a few days before you report back

chawheefitzy@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
doesn't make sense why do some people have it and others don't hell my neighbor has one too and he updated to 3.1 like 3 days ago why not update everyone at the same time !!!!! :)

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Bandwidth reason's. They have a limited amount of it and so as to not over load what they do have they (much like cellphone carriers) stagger the release of updates so as to prevent an overload on their bandwidth resources.

verncat05

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday afternoon and the same thing happened to me. I checked all day and evening, no update. So, I turned it off and went to bed. I woke up at 5:00am for work and decided to check. It was there waiting for me. So, my guess is it'll be there when you wake up tomorrow, no worries.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
hey guys just got my transformer in the mail today opened checked for update and says no update available and i am on version 3.0.1 is there a reason why i have not gotten it ota??

Make sure your transformer is plugged in and/or fully charged.

The update goes out in cycles to prevent server overload. If you can't wait, you can manually flash the update from the file posted in these forums.

Sapient2k7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Updates are typically staggered to make sure the servers are not overloaded (and cause problems for everyone). This is normal practice for every vendor. At least with OTA you won't have to check it yourself it will notify you. My Palm Pre was awesome with that.

Usually it is a good idea to just wait for the OTA update and not update manually since the leaked firmware is just that "leaked" it is not official. I have had issues with leaked "gold" versions of images for my ipad so now I stick to official versions.

chawheefitzy@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
ok guys it has been about a week since i have had the t.f. well five day and still no update not sure what i should do i really don't want the leak i want the official update plus not diggin rooting this thing it is not like i can take it to sprint if something goes wrong any ideas should i try to call asus or what?? i am kinda out of ideas??:(

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
ok guys it has been about a week since i have had the t.f. well five day and still no update not sure what i should do i really don't want the leak i want the official update plus not diggin rooting this thing it is not like i can take it to sprint if something goes wrong any ideas should i try to call asus or what?? i am kinda out of ideas??:(

Check the Asus website: http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/#download (click on the Downloads tab, choose Android for operating system, and then look for the US version - I'm assuming you're in the US). I don't have my TF handy, but the update they show may be the 3.1 version... if so, download & install.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Could you people chill a bit? You'll get it eventually. As stated by me and at least one other person in this thread, you will get the update. It will take some time as they stagger it so as to not put any undue load on their servers from having people download the update. And as also previously stated, if you can't wait, you can manually flash the update with the files & guide that are in the forums here. So either quit complaining and either wait for it to come to you or manually flash it.

chawheefitzy@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
ok it's monday nothing i don't know what to expect here i was told asus was bringing there a game with updates but now it is look as though the a game is for only certain people that happen to be lucky enough. so what do from here i am not sure there is a reason that i bought the asus and that is because all the reviews i have heard was that asus is on top of updates and bug fixing, however i am not seeing it it feels like everyone except for me has the update really wanna root with the 3.1 update cause of the roms not rooting till then!

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
ok it's monday nothing i don't know what to expect here i was told asus was bringing there a game with updates but now it is look as though the a game is for only certain people that happen to be lucky enough. so what do from here i am not sure there is a reason that i bought the asus and that is because all the reviews i have heard was that asus is on top of updates and bug fixing, however i am not seeing it it feels like everyone except for me has the update really wanna root with the 3.1 update cause of the roms not rooting till then!

If you want to root you better do it now. There is NO root method for 3.1 as of now. In the same amount of times that it take to type
something here and *****ing about updates, you coul have root and 3.1 rooted rom plus overclock cusrom kernel already.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You need to chill out. I (among others) have stated it's a staggered release. That means not everyone will get it right away. It's the same thing phone carriers do with updates to their phones. You need to sit down, shut up, and chill. If you can't then get your butt over to xda, find the files and update manually. There are many different roms on xda that have the 3.1 update with root. So your 2 choices are clear, and none of them involve you coming back on here and complaining about poor you not getting the update yet.

Here is your xda link, now sit down and shut up.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1107

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
not there dude all that is there is the firmware updating nothing to do with the android version update??

The Android 3.1 update also updates: GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Kernel versions, & Build number. When you first receive your Transformer, Asus suggests you check your firmware to make sure you have the latest firmware version. The firmware on the Asus website is still Android 3.0.1. However, since Transformers have been slowly dripped and drizzled into the market, there is no telling what version any given Transformer is going to come with. If yours comes with the first 3.0.1 version, it may not upgrade to 3.1 as readily as the last 3.0.1 update version (5-20-11 build). I don't know that for a fact, though.

We are trying to help you out here. I would agree with other members, in that right now, patience is your friend. Asus seems to be getting updates out in a timely manner. If it isn't fast enough for you, you can install the leaked version...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair