Text input issues while in the web browser???

pixelbat

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice huge lag while entering text at websites with the soft keyboard (not the dock)? Today I was just trying to type a 3-4 sentence reply on a forum I frequent, and it took forever. I'd type 6 or 7 characters, then have to stop so the tablet could keep up. Often missing letters if I typed too fast. Is this isolated to my device, or others having this issue? Hardware issue, or Honeycomb issue? It's got to be the most irritating thing about this product. I like to read blogs/forums etc on my tablet, but trying to reply is a nightmare, I think this is going to be a deal breaker for me :(

This is turning into the tablet I want to love, but just finding issues like this that are killing it for me. ugh.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It's a Honeycomb issue. All the tablets have this lag.

Personally, I find it is most effective to just type without looking at the sentence as it "generates" on the screen. If you watch as the letters jerk into exsistance, you'll find yourself making more errors.

-Suntan

pixelbat

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Just found out something very interesting, and it does infact work.

Unlock the debug mode by entering "about:debug" in the URL bar.

Then go into settings > debug

Untick "Enable OpenGL Rendering"

Enjoy non laggy text entry in the browser. I've not noticed any side effects of disabling that as of yet, and I am so happy that the text entry is smooth :D

Reactions: 4cdndctn

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Enjoy non laggy text entry in the browser. I've not noticed any side effects of disabling that as of yet, and I am so happy that the text entry is smooth :D

Mine was already checked, maybe thats why I dont have this problem.

Dodeca

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I tried this and can't seem to get it to work. Which browser are you suggesting we use? I've tried it in the stock browser and dophin and can't get it to load the debug mode. Help? The lag is annoying.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I tried this and can't seem to get it to work. Which browser are you suggesting we use? I've tried it in the stock browser and dophin and can't get it to load the debug mode. Help? The lag is annoying.

The stock browser. Nothing should happen after entering the debug command. What you do is then go into settings for the browser and there it is. I just tried this and it seems to eliminate the lag..at least in the stock browser I'm using at the moment. But the lag in Dolphin or Opera was pretty minimal anyway. Just curious what unchecking that box does in other ways...

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that unchecking that box interferes with the browser's ability to play videos inline

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet