Transformer not on display at Best Buy, Why?

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I usually do a weekly scroll through bestbuy to see whats new in the store and have finally seen a transformer in the store, well just the tablet actually. But my question is why isnt it on display? I saw it in the enclosed security cabinet under the laptops. Also why no commercials, or advertising for the transformer?

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
No need... Law of supply and demand: Asus is barely meeting the needs of the people that know about it and they are selling everything they can produce. Until manufacture and/or distribution catches up with sales, promotion of any kind is counterproductive in that you create more demand for something you haven't got... Tends to piss people off...

Reactions: howarmat

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
No need... Law of supply and demand: Asus is barely meeting the needs of the people that know about it and they are selling everything they can produce. Until manufacture and/or distribution catches up with sales, promotion of any kind is counterproductive in that you create more demand for something you haven't got... Tends to piss people off...

econ 101

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Not only is it a waste of money to advertise for something you can?t keep in stock, but it makes little sense to clue your customers in about the existence of something not in your store.

As much as we like the TF and would be inclined to point out how it might be better for someone?s needs, Best Buy would much prefer to sell you an Iconia today than an IOU for a TF.

-Suntan

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
The other side of this for Asus is that the Samsung tab 10.1 releases while they're trying to get their act together and no one cares anymore.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The other side of this for Asus is that the Samsung tab 10.1 releases while they're trying to get their act together and no one cares anymore.

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Transformer appeal to different consumers. The Transformer is more for power users and enthusiasts. A lot of us have used Asus parts in our PC's so we bought the Transformer. I feel like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is more for the average consumer. The angle Samsung takes is thin,light, and a very similar look to the iPad2.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Transformer appeal to different consumers. The Transformer is more for power users and enthusiasts. A lot of us have used Asus parts in our PC's so we bought the Transformer. I feel like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is more for the average consumer. The angle Samsung takes is thin,light, and a very similar look to the iPad2.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

I get your point but I feel that the tablet market is so new to everyone but Apple that most people who never owned an ipad are just trying to figure out what tablet is best for them. With that being the case, most will want to try out anything tablet coming to market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2