Keyboard Dock Performance

jeffreyd_tx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I am loving te transformer. y biggest complaint comes from the lag of the keyboard. I am tired of reviewing my messages for misspellings because the keyoard did not register a key press. I know i am not the best typist but it is frustrating when i tye and the keyboard takes 10 seconds t catch up. i guess my second biggest gripe is the lack of a spell checker.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I assume you mean lag when typing in the browser? I get some, but way better than using the soft keyboard.

Out of the browser I have zero lag, anywhere.

AustinMartin

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone talk to Asus about this? This lag is horrible. I can't use my keyboard for much other than a basic search. Typing in a line of text takes about 10 minutes.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone talk to Asus about this? This lag is horrible. I can't use my keyboard for much other than a basic search. Typing in a line of text takes about 10 minutes.

Are you using the regular browser? I am, typing this right now with the dock and its fine.

Again, a little laggy, but nothing to write home about. Do you have flash enabled all the time or on demand? Have you tried a hard reset/wipe?

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry that you are having problems. For me it is working great as mentioned in post above, I am using the dock now to write this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For me it is mouse that is the problem. During the typing coursor jumps all over the place.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
For me it is mouse that is the problem. During the typing coursor jumps all over the place.

I hate when that happens. If you disable the trackpad, it'll stop. You shouldn't have to do that but that's what you need to do to resolve that problem.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I hate when that happens. If you disable the trackpad, it'll stop. You shouldn't have to do that but that's what you need to do to resolve that problem.

Are you sure you aren?t just accidentally tapping the pad with your thumb while typing? For some reason (physical layout or pad itself) I?ve noticed the keyboard is unusually susceptible to this, compared to my other laptops.

I wondered why the mouse was jumping around while typing something out the other night (slouched down in a chair at an odd angle with the keyboard/tablet sitting on my stomach) and then realized I was hitting the trackpad with my thumb?

-Suntan

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you aren’t just accidentally tapping the pad with your thumb while typing? For some reason (physical layout or pad itself) I’ve noticed the keyboard is unusually susceptible to this, compared to my other laptops.

I wondered why the mouse was jumping around while typing something out the other night (slouched down in a chair at an odd angle with the keyboard/tablet sitting on my stomach) and then realized I was hitting the trackpad with my thumb…

-Suntan

Yeah the mouse pad for the transformer is very sensitive, I hardly use it. I just touch the screen to navigate around. The funny thing is that I was using my girlfriend's laptop and I kept touching the screen to move the curser, she could not stop laughing at me. ;)

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Could you tell me where to go to dissable trackpad?. Is it in keyboards ?

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I suggest you disable the track pad via the hot key on the dock. That should solve taht problem. You can always re-enable it on the fly if you really need it.

bweyrauch

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I notice a little lag while typing this, but it's tolerable. The biggest issue with the mouse jumping around is the usual problem with hands dragging on the touchpad. Try turning off the touchpad when typeing a lot. It's nic that ther is a special key for that. I've gotten used to turning it off while typing, then turnig it on again when I need it.

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I cant believe you guys tolerate the lag. It DRIVES ME CRAZY. My old Ipad had zero lag. And who ever above that is having issues with the spacebar on the soft keyboard...me too. IF you type slow, you wont miss keys. NOT functional at all.

Either ASUS or Google needs to step up their game. Ipad is winning on this issue, by FAR.