Transformer Dock Color

TerryB

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd call it a bronze color myself. Typing on it this second. As far as I know, that's its one and only version.
TerryB

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Depending on the website, the color of the Asus Transformer keyboard dock looks totally different. Some sites show it as a matte black color and others as shiny gold. Does it come in different colors?

ASUS Tablet Accessories In Stock Tracker - NowInStock.net
ok, so Adorama has it on their website. Pictuce 1 and picture 2 are clearly different. Besides the color, the touch pads are different. There are no buttons underneath the touchpad in picture 2.

TF101DOCKING Asus Eee Pad Transformer Docking Station, 92% Size Chiclet Keyboard

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The center picture is correct. The other pictures are wrong.

The bottom of the keyboard is the same textured plastic as the TF. The top surface around the keyboard keys is brushed metal like the metal surround on the outside edge of the TF.

IMO, the keyboard looks and feels of higher quality than the TF tablet.

-Suntan

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Speaking as a product photographer, it's just bad photography or post or DTP processing.

As posted, it's a beautiful bronze colour, appealing to both boys and girls. I get as much admiration from the boys for how it looks, as from the girls who think it perfectly matches their [insert item of clothing or handbag here]!

Jon

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the dock from Best Buy yesterday, which shows the dock as black on its website, and it is indeed the bronze color. I don't know why that image is all over the internet.