Transformer or GalaxyPad 10.1?

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i think there are already a few threads ongoing with this discussion. see what other people have been saying there.

I just physically held a 10.1 sammy and it was very nice feeling, felt better in my hands than the TF.

with that said, I am totally biased against samsung (from experience), and can't bring myself to buy anything more from them.

the hardware is literally 95% the same. I am interested in the dual wireless radios, meaning you could tap into a 5ghz wireless N setup, but not sure if that is confirmed hardware or not.

after the dust has settled, I am confident the TF was the way to go. they have proven they can deliver timely updates.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would say transformer. In not a fan of samsung, their products and the support they give their products.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had both, at the same time. If you are not planning on getting the dock for the TF then the Tab 10.1 might be the way to go, assuming you can spare the extra $100 and don't need the microsd expansion of the TF.

The 10.1 does have a brighter screen, however is quite oversaturated. The back does get warmer than the TF and I found it used more memory.

ItsAllAndroid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
coming from someone that spends, hours, i mean hours! of research when it comes to spending my money, i would say that the transformer is just way better ASUS always delivers, and even though you said factor out the keyboard dock, but that is what makes it better then the xoom and the ipad 2! but none the less i would have to agree i have never been into Samsung products but have helped others with Samsung androids, and have never been impressed, for some reason Samsungs ends up always being laggy and are made of plastic that looks like crap with pocket wear and fingerprints seeming to be attracted to it. Thats why i just purchased a Transformer ;) (sadly without the keyboard dock :( )

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Like @ItsAllAndroid, I am someone that spends hours of research too. I ended up getting the Transformer on Saturday. I got the 25.00 gift card from ToysRUs with the purchase and that's going towards either the keyboard dock or the case. Anyway, after looking at all the tablets (minus the Xoom), the Asus seemed to be the one that I read the most good things about. And that was confirmed after about an hour into BestBuy playing with all the tablets.

Not to mention the fact that Samsung is horrible at updating their products. I was so happy when right out of the box my transformer wanted to update to 3.1.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree the dock is what sets the TF apart from the crowd. I did ton of research even borrowed my moms ipad and galaxy tablet (7in) as well as spent a ton of time at staples messing around with the xoom/iconia/playbook. I wish that I would have had a chance to mess with the HP webos tablet, but to be honest since none had a keyboard dock it was a no brainer. Had the transformer been the same price as the others and no keyboard dock would I have bought it over the rest? Yes. The iconia was a VERY close second for me.

As for heat I have worked mine pretty hard the past few weeks and I literally run and use it all day every day and I dont even notice it getting warm.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have no plans of using the keyboard than the Samsung would be the better product even though the transformer is a great standalone tablet. I purchased the tablet first and it was very clunky and difficult to type and write emails and chat with the virtual keyboard.

I got the dock and month later and it is freaking awesome. Keyboard feels great and added a mouse and the transformer turned into a netbook. So awesome. Great screen, great battery life, mobile, no heat, fast reboot. Transformer is meant to be with the dock.

Watching alot of reviews and the Samsung is the better product, better screen, better speakers, material/feel. So I would recomment the Samsung if you are not getting the dock for the transfomer. Hope this helps. Android ftw. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes