1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird wifi

Hi all
    Just received this little jewel of a device and am new to Android...in my real life I fix Windows OS systems so wanted an insight into this system as on occasion clients have these devices that need to interact with Windows.Everything works well but the wifi is incredibly flaky. I can be in a location where other devices (iPad, Kindle , iPhone and PC) are all connected with good strength. However the Asus just shows it is connected with very good signal, but the icon stays grey, so cannot access the internet. Only if I go within a few feet of my Superhub will it eventually connect after resetting the wifi. I have tried DHCP, static with Google and Virgin DNS. As soon as I move to another room (where there is also great signal) if I disconnect the wifi on the device, then turn it on again, it just will do as described earlier....grey not blue. Reset with and without update..no difference. Shame as I really like it! Amazon sending a new one as a control but would be interested if anyone has an idea what's going on
    Thanks

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Default Re: Weird wifi

I have not had this issue. Did you get upgraded to latest firmware... latest upgrade is in a screenshot in amazon website

Amazon.com: Asus Fonepad 8gb Titanium Gray: Computers & Accessories

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Can't say I've noticed a problem with WiFi if anything it seems to be more consistent than my kobo arc and on a par with my onex

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

It works fine on my unit. On the contrary, it is less problematic than my iPhone 5.