1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ASUS Fonepad - Calibrate Compass

Hi,

I keep getting a message to calibrate my compass and a diagram showing me how to move the device in a figure 8 fashion to complete the calibration process. However, this does not work. Every time I open the Google Maps app, I get this error message asking me to calibrate the compass.

I checked You Tube and watched a guy calibrate the compass on his smart phone but when I tried it on my Asus Fonepad, it did not work.

Anyone else getting this annoying message on their devices?

Default Re: ASUS Fonepad - Calibrate Compass

Quote Originally Posted by Sunpower View Post
    Hi,
    I keep getting a message to calibrate my compass and a diagram showing me how to move the device in a figure 8 fashion to complete the calibration process. However, this does not work. Every time I open the Google Maps app, I get this error message asking me to calibrate the compass.
    I had this. I suggest you get a free app called GPS Status which has a function to calibrate the compass which worked and got rid of that annoying figure of 8 dialog.

Another point is, are you using your device in a case with a magnet in it? I bought a case where the magnet used to hold it open was far too strong and send wild magnetic fields everywhere causing some software to say "these are wild magnet readings, please re-calibrate the compass". I got rid of the case and haven't had any problems since.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: ASUS Fonepad - Calibrate Compass

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into GPS Status. Yes, there are magnets, I think, on the top and bottom edges of the cover so when it closes it sticks better to the case itself.