- 16 Posts
ASUS Fonepad - Calibrate Compass
I keep getting a message to calibrate my compass and a diagram showing me how to move the device in a figure 8 fashion to complete the calibration process. However, this does not work. Every time I open the Google Maps app, I get this error message asking me to calibrate the compass.
I checked You Tube and watched a guy calibrate the compass on his smart phone but when I tried it on my Asus Fonepad, it did not work.
Anyone else getting this annoying message on their devices?
- 06-05-2013, 05:17 AM #2
- 14 Posts
Re: ASUS Fonepad - Calibrate Compass
Another point is, are you using your device in a case with a magnet in it? I bought a case where the magnet used to hold it open was far too strong and send wild magnetic fields everywhere causing some software to say "these are wild magnet readings, please re-calibrate the compass". I got rid of the case and haven't had any problems since.
- By Sunpower in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 06-05-2013, 08:54 AM
- By Sunpower in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
- By AaronM1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
- By renegademoose in forum Droid BionicReplies: 9Last Post: 09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
- By g1toevo678 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 51Last Post: 03-16-2011, 12:16 PM