Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Angry Re: Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

hi friends,
    I am back here to just tell you about my experience with Asus fonepad,as I said before I gave my pad to the service center, they were clueless coz it's a newcomer, though they accepted coz it's the one and only Asus authorized service center, south India.
    I called them often to know the status coz I'm the one who invest the money for this strange gadget..as per they, they ordered the battery and replaced it but after a day the battery drained fully again and the fonepad goes the same stage once more.,then they told me that it's the motherboard that makes this damage, they ordered or what they did I don't know, it's been 17 days, after I got back my fonepad, now it's running normal, charging Normal,
    they didn't charge anything, as we know that it's under warranty.. now what I have to do is always keep the charger with me and never allow the battery go below 30% of power,and include fonepad also in our prey...

Default Re: Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

Had the same problem. Taking off the battery and reconnecting it worked for me. Updating to the latest firmware from Asus now to be sure. Thanks guys.

thanks for this thread. disconnecting the battery for just a few seconds fixed it for me. was in fact 96% charged when restarted. to get the cover off, start top left looking at the back with a very slim penknife blade, then inset credit card and work down levering the cover away. once one side is unclipped it comes off. good luck all!

Hello friends, I have pried open the back case and even been able to lift up the battery pack. But how do I disconnect it? Can't find a way. Please guide.

Dear Ritwick!

After you removed the back case, you see the battery, and 4-5 colored cables coming out of it. You carefully remove the end part from it's place, and the you put it back after a couple of seconds. You will hear a light buzz, then you can put the back case back, and restart the gadget.
    whoisbhauji likes this.

dear all, ... just to report i have the same problem with my brand new fonepad. Thank you for explanations upon how removing the back case and disconnect/reconnect the battery. However, on my FONEPAD, these operations did not fix it... the FONEPAD never woke up.
    This post just to tell the community I COULD RESURRECT IT FINALLY ! i picked 1 thin needles one in one of the two BLACK connector holes (both work the same), and another one in the leftmost RED connector hole. I then gripped to these needles one Lithium _ Ion battery charger and injected into the battery 0.1 amperes during 20 minutes. After this, reconnect battery and .... the FONEPAD wakes-up again
    Be careful: the FONEPAD drains current even in idle state, and maybe even when OFF... always keep it in charge.
    Thanked by:

Nothing seems to work in my case

Hi,
    I wrote in this topic at some time before (27 of June). In this date I sent my Fonepad to Asus Support.
    Yesterday, finally, I received a email from Asus telling that I need to wait more 3 weeks.
    They gave me 2 options: wait 3 weeks for repair my equipment or ask a replacment equipment with no date to delivery.

Anyone know I can do a formal complain to Asus?

I only used my fonepad 2 weeks (I bought at 10 of June). And Asus want that I wait 3 months (at least) to have my equipment back.

After 3 months waiting, 40Ä with calls to Asus support line and a lot of headaches, I have a conclusion: Asus NEVER AGAIN. It was my worst experience with client support.

how to crack open the backcover?? can show me or send me a link to crack open the backcover??
    hope u reply faz & tell me wat 2 do after crack open the cover
    Last edited by Ang Hoong; 08-25-2013 at 11:32 PM.

hey quick question which is the battery connector , coz the battery is like stuck more like glued in

I had the same problem. If you have a charger that can deliver high enough current (2Amps should be enough) you can try the following trick; plug in the charger cable, wait until the "battery" symbol disappears (i.e phone goes dead), then take cable out and plug it back in. This needs to be repeated MANY times (I had to do it about 30 times), but finally it got enough juice to start charging (you will see this happening from the screen). Then just leave it charging...

This will not work with all wall chargers... (not quaranteet to work at all, maybe it was just co-insidence in my case)...

Hi, same problem here... Now second time... For me seems to work to plug it to PC USB and let it there some time... Device is repeately starting to charge, but not charging... After while (3 min) i unplug it from PC and connect to ASUS charger... than it start to charge, and after some time i can boot the device... (sry for english...:-)
    Thanked by:

Hi Chhorn, can you tell me, how i can open that cover?

Same problem with my fonepad, didnt want to really take the back off so phoned carphone warehouse who told me i had to phone asus, they arranged a pick up from the uk and sent it to the Czech republic. Received it back 10 days later and its exactly the same, wtf and what a waste of time and money on their part. Phoned them back up and awaiting the return call they are suppose to be making. Not happy!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

After a long fight with Asus, after-sales service and marketing teams, I got a Dead on Arrival certificate and got my Fonepad replaced. It worked normally for a month, and again the problem started. The battery came down from 90+% charge to 4% in 8 hours. After this the GSM signal disappeared. No matter what I do, I cannot get the phone function to work. I tried other SIMs in the Fonepad and the same SIM in other phones (where is works well). Restarting, factory reset, nothing helped. It's the same cycle all over again.

I would strongly recommend people to NOT BUY ASUS FONEPAD! It's an unstable device without any proper quality control/testing at the time of manufacturing. I have searched this issue again today and found that many users have reported the same problems. I might just as well go to the Indian Consumer Forum and lodge a complain against the comany.

For those removing and replugging battery connector didn't work; Try this..
    1) Check the voltage across the battery. It shows nearly zero volts.(optional)
    2) Now we have to charge the battery externally.
    i) Remove the battery connector
    ii) Cut any USB cable. Mostly you'll have 4 cores(Red, Black, Green and white) inside. Leave the green and white cores. connect the red cores to red terminal of battery and black to black.
    iii) Connect the USB to ASUS charger and charge for 5 mins. You can check the voltage across the red and black terminals of battery while charging. It would be about 3V.
    3) Now disconnect the charger and check the voltage across the red and black terminals. It will show about 3V.
    4) Now connect the battery connector to tablet and connect it to a charger. Now the tablet starts with zero battery icon followed by battery charging indication.
    5) Charge the tablet for some time and switch it on.
    Thanked by 2:
    Luckmen likes this.
    c0g

OK. Had problem with battery. First it was showing -98% full. Then I powered it off. Could not power on again. I used the link that Chhorn Sophak posted to get the idea of what is to be done. Since I'm an experienced computer repair tech this was not a problem for me. I pried the back cover open using a pen to start at the upper right corner when looking at the back of the Phonepad, and a credit card to finish the job off. You just need to pry open the side you start at, and the other side pops open with no force. Then I unplugged the battery power connector, left it unplugged for a minute or so, plugged the connector back and tried to power on the Phonepad while still unassemled, and, voila! It powered on with battery ~65% full. So this worked for me like a charm. Shame it happened though. Seems like a reoccuring problem with Phonepads which is not good publicity for Asus brand.

I too had the battery with a question mark symbol showing.

I followed the advice on the previous page and carefully took the back of the fonepad off and removed the battery for 1 minute.

Once I reattached the battery to the phone it vibrated and powered up normally. Battery was showing at 65%.

It is crazy that the battery is within a sealed unit and not easily reached to remove, the only thing I noticed before this fault occured was that my fonepad was not showing the percentage left on my battery. I turned it off to reboot it when I got the battery with a question mark symbol. I was never in doubt that a simple battery pull would correct it, looks like a common problem, at least I can correct it for now...

I had the same battery drain problem followed by the now famous question mark and not charging. Called Asus support and they arranged to pick up the tablet. It was sent to Asus Czech Republic for repairs. This was two weeks ago. I called to see the status of the repair and they told me that they are waiting for spare parts, as they have to replace the battery and the motherboard. Therefore I am still waiting
    So even though a quick fix to the battery issue is to re-connect the battery I would advise you to contact Asus before you're out of the warranty period, as it seems to be also a motherboard issue.
    I think Asus should acknowledge the fact that they have a general problem with the Fonepads. I am curious whether the people who did not yet experience this issue will never have this problem or it is just a matter of time. I have used my Fonepad for 4 months before the problem appeared.

ASUS Fonepad - Me too having problem with this device (White Battery charing logo then go green with ? mark). I did what others in this forum says "To remove the back cover, used a credit card. Once got it started at the upper left (looking at the back) I was able to gently work the credit all the way around and remove the cover."

For the record, not the battery. To be exact, It was a black connector with a 6 layers of wires (2 black, 1 yellow, 1 white, 2 red) disconnect a few seconds and reconnect again. It really works for me guys. Thank you all...
    Last edited by Ariel Cataniag; 09-20-2013 at 03:28 AM.

For the record, not the battery. To be exact, It was a black connector with a 6 layers of wires (2 black, 1 yellow, 1 white, 2 red) disconnect a few seconds and reconnect again. It really works for me guys. Thank you all...
    whoisbhauji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcBrussieux View Post
    dear all, ... just to report i have the same problem with my brand new fonepad. Thank you for explanations upon how removing the back case and disconnect/reconnect the battery. However, on my FONEPAD, these operations did not fix it... the FONEPAD never woke up.
    This post just to tell the community I COULD RESURRECT IT FINALLY ! i picked 1 thin needles one in one of the two BLACK connector holes (both work the same), and another one in the leftmost RED connector hole. I then gripped to these needles one Lithium _ Ion battery charger and injected into the battery 0.1 amperes during 20 minutes. After this, reconnect battery and .... the FONEPAD wakes-up again
    Be careful: the FONEPAD drains current even in idle state, and maybe even when OFF... always keep it in charge.
    I can't believe it! This totally worked for me Thank you very much MarcBrussieux you're a genius!

Did the same as MarcBrussiex described, but i cut usb cable from my old joystick and plugged black wire in black battery hole and red wire in red hole and plugged the usb end to asus charger. Left it to "charge directly" for about 15min and then put the battery connector back to the socket from where it was unplugged. Tablet vibrated on the insertion of connector (that didnt work on other solutions mentioned in this thread) and asus logo showed up whereafter device booted up and started by showing me 0% on battery and sound beeped, just plugged back with original cable and asus adapter and it started charging.....so far its 12% charged while posting this reply....hope this work for you guys....dont let asus or other services rape u off with replacing motherboard or new batterry. CHEERS and thanks a lot MarcBrussiex!!!

Guys thanks for the hints onn how to revive the Fonepad. My question is whether this has to be done each time the pad will drain completely? And does this solve the battery drain issue also? If not I don't really see the point of doing this procedure because obviously the product is faulty. When mine will be back from service center the first thing I will do will be to drain it completely and see if the question mark / not charging issue will come up again. If yes I will send it back to ASUS for repairs. I don't pay anything it is just them having to pay for all the DHL transfers and service hours.
    I don't understand why doesn't everybody do the same. Like this ASUS will realize (in case they haven't already) the magnitude of the problem.

- Using a knife, gently pull the back protector off the tablet.
    - Remove the battery from the tablet (Plug it out and just pull the battery out of its place).
    - A regular charger - corresponding to a mobile phone (preferably Nokia or needle-shape charger) - Connect to the power supply.
    - Make two thin wires
    - connect the + tip of tabletís battery to the positive tip of charge and the - tip of the tabletís battery to the negative tip of the charger. (in needle-shape charger usually the Inside of it is + and outside of it is -).
    - Wait about 30 minutes.
    - Now place battery into the tablet and use from the tablet charger regularly.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast