Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Default my battery status is not working so good

Dear stevr. I used my asus fonepad since february.now, im having problem with the battery indicator.

Example : if i charge the fon until its 100%, when i use my fon the battery status will still be 100%. If the battery life last for 13hours, it wont decreased the life although im using fon very much..

Pls do assist as this is my wedding anniversary present given by my husband.. tqvm

Default Re: Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

OMG!!!!! asus fonepad users had many issues and complaints over here... so bad to know :-( unfortunately im also owner of new asus fonepad7 2014, 4.3 android version..hope my device works well :-O

Posted via Android Central App

Ok so I didn't understand the 'reply' feature and thought it would be placed under the relevant post

This is the only thing that worked for me - See Balu889's steps to remove the battery and charge it directly to solve the following. If the phone vibrates when you plug it in, then the screen comes on and dies following by it vibrating again, screen coming on and then dying over and over and over then following these steps is the only thing that's likely to work.

Reason being is that the battery is 100% flat. Plugging in the charging cable gets you enough juice to vibrate the unit, turn the screen on and probably NOT enough to switch the logic on where whatever power management can deal with charging the battery while connected through the handset.

Balu889's fix involves charging the battery just enough directly to get over this hurdle then it's business as usual. It's not elegant and you have to take the case off the back but it is effective.

Make sure you don't let the bare wires in the (hacked up) USB cable touch each other when the power is on!

Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up-phone.jpg

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Hi Emy, unfortunately i have nothing more than what has already been discussed in this thread. If you have only had the tablet since February then it is still under warranty and your first line of inquiry should be with the seller and Asus. I hope it all turns out ok.

hi I'm new here and I got this problem in my ASUS FONEPAD it's showing in the screen a USB and a question mark and a quote say's "no USB cable connection" and when I tried to reset it nothings change and when I charge it a android image with helmet show saying ready to download and when its battery run off It can't turn on, can I ask what could be the problem? my father bought it to me last January 2014

Cool Re: Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

I've had this problem today and nothing has worked but here is my solution:
    1. Open the back of the fonepad.
    2. Disconnect the battery.
    3. Stick two needles into the second outer holes on the battery connector. The one FROM the battery.
    4. Hook up two AA batteries in series (+ to -).
    5. On the battery connector there should be two red wires and two black wires.
    6. Connect the AA's to the needles with the negative(-) to the black side and the positive(+) to the red side.
    7. Leave it for five minutes but put your finger on the battery and disconnect if it gets hot. Mine didn't get warm.
    8. Remove needles, AA's and reconnect the battery.
    9. Connect charger.
    This worked for me. The theory goes that the battery is to drained to recharge, LiPo's are like that. This LiPo needs 4.3v charging but a pair of AA's are only 3.5v. They add just enough power to let the battery charge again.

This is well after the fact but it may help others.

Disconnecting the battery does not work if it is really really discharged.

I removed the display connector from the main board (not far from the battery connector on a ribbon cable)

I then plugged in the charger and this time it vibrated twice but did not start looping through the cycle it was going through.

I left it like that for a while and then removed charger, plugged in display cable again, re-connected charger, and this time it vibrated twice, brought up the battery symbol, and then showed the battery charging without powering off at that point.

My conclusion is the display draws too much power when it is really discharged and tried to show the battery charging state, an so it powers down completely again - and the battery never gets enough charge during these cycles to get out of the loop without disconnecting the display
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234