Adobe flash player not recognized on my Asus fonepad

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have the Adobe Flash player 11.1 successfully installed. I am using the Dolphin browser.

However due to some reason it is not being recognised and hence cannot watch any live TV. On Virgin.

Please could any one suggest what I should do?

Kind regards

Nilesh

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have the Adobe Flash player 11.1 successfully installed. I am using the Dolphin browser.

However due to some reason it is not being recognised and hence cannot watch any live TV. On Virgin.

Kind regards

Nilesh

Welcome to the forums!
Adobe doesn't support Android over version 4.0. You would have to use a browser that still supports flash. I think Firefox does. You can try that. I believe you have to get an extension for the browser.

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I read on one of the other forums that Dolphin does support hence downloaded it. Infact the settings of the browser also give the option of enabling Flash Player.

I will download Firefox and see if it works.
Many thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I read on one of the other forums that Dolphin does support hence downloaded it. Infact the settings of the browser also give the option of enabling Flash Player.

I will download Firefox and see if it works.
Many thanks.

You are welcome.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Tried downloading Firefox but same issue. Had to download the Beta version as the package from the normal version threw up an Error of the package being invalid. It's a pity that Adobe doesn't support Android anymore. Is there any alternative?

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Follow the links on my thread" root found ". Read the whole thread. Flash works with root. Loaded and working on mine.

Asus Fonepad and Android Central App

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Many thanks. Unfortunately I am not that clued up with the root. I read your link but do not understand as to what I should do. Sorry. Please could you clarify.
Many Thanks.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42705205&postcount=359

This is a link to all the various root files for the fonepad as per location. ie WW/TW you need to find the file for your model and download it. You will see that flash and busybox are included already in the download. It may be a long thread but it is worth your while reading it. It will help you understand more about the whole process. Do not forget to register and thank botto00 for his work if you make use of it.
Remember 24 is the most recent update
Posted via Android Central App

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I would think yes but double check by going to settings, about tablet, build number ,you should see something like JZ054K.WW_epad_V3.2.4.

Posted via Android Central App

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks. Before root my fonepad I believe that one I root it the guarantee becomes void. Is that correct? Is the process reversible. If I want to unroot is it possible? Please advise. Many Thanks

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Process can be reversed provided the tablet is functional. You root and modify at your own risk. If the guarantee is important best wait till the warranty is out.

Asus Fonepad and Android Central App

Giampyclimb

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,my Asus fonepad 7 manual says: " ...You may need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to open some e-books. Download the latest version of Adobe Flash player before using MyLibrary." is a misprint or flash player works again on Android?
Thx
Giampy

Giampyclimb

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Kind regards

Nilesh

Hi,
same issue for me... I solved using the Puffin browser ... the procedure is very simple ... it is enough to download it from Google play ... and use it ... :)
I hope this helps
Bye
Giampy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm